Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fast charging does not work - S22 ultra

(Topic created on: 03-03-2022 12:06 PM)
Gianco89
Journeyman
Options

For a couple of days the fast charge does not work, only "charge via cable"; the ultra fast charge works, I can't understand.

Anker 65w power supply, usb-c - usb-c original cable. Software error?  The problem started after the last update 3 days ago.

Galaxy S22 Ultra

15 REPLIES 15
ShockAbsorber
Explorer
Options
Check on battery and device care > battery > more battery settings , and there should be an option for fast charging, super fast charging you should see if they are on. If thats not the problem try another official charger and see if it works with that because your charger might not be supported. If nothing works go to Samsung service shop or call to see if you can get a replacement phone(takes quite some time, try getting it repaired first).

15 watt charger = fast charging

25 watt usba to usbc = fast charging

25 watt usbc to usbc = superfast charging

45 watt usbc to usbc = superfast charging 2.0
Gianco89
Journeyman
Options

If i select "fast charging" ON and "super fast charging" OFF, when i plug in the cable i can only see "cable charging". Three days ago it was working fine

ShockAbsorber
Explorer
Options
Just try keeping both on because the same thing happens to me, i think if you dont have the new Samsung 45 watt plug that it will not allow you to use the feature. But from what you are describing your phone seems faulty check with Samsung before your cool off period finishes(21 days).
Gianco89
Journeyman
Options

I tried huawei charger usb-A > usb-C and the fast charging works great. It seems usb-c > usb-c doesn't work.

0 Likes
Aggiiie
Pioneer
Options
I am using Samsung official 45 w charger and when the phone is turned off it takes over an hour to charge and that shouldn't be the case and I have all the settings turned on too. I also have problem with Snapchat that lags etc I now happen to believe the phone is faulty
0 Likes
Stefanelu98
First Poster
Options

Did you solve the issue? I have a similar issue on my Galaxy S22. With the super fast charging enabled in battery settings I get maximum "Fast Charging" with 25W charger, and with super fast charging disabled and Fast Charging enabled I get "Cable Charging". 

0 Likes
Rohith2238
First Poster
Options

Facing the same issue. Worked fine when I got the phone, but turning on the Fast Charging option doesn't seem to be making a difference anymore. The time taken is the same as normal cable charging. Superfast charging reduces the charging time considerably but Fast Charging doesn't have any effect. Is this a software glitch?

Members_5Fsk9Ql
First Poster
Options

I have exactly the same problem. I'm using sumsung's official 45 watts charger and superfast charging works fine , but turning on or off normall fast charging does not make any difference. 

Hope that samsung fix the issue in future updates since that it seems software issue. 

Reg Danny
Explorer
Options

Samsung being con artists, they strike again. Cancel or return your phones before it is too late.

0 Likes