Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eSIM problem

(Topic created on: 17-05-2023 10:52 PM)
Golabus
Apprentice
Options
Hi.

Today I downloaded esim from Lycamobile(UK), started to install and worked for few seconds. After that I lost network on all of the SIMs, checked in sim manager and it is stucked on loading screen. Somehow my physical sims disappeared and only esim available although nothing can be done to it. Can not change it o delete it. Cleared cached, done factory reset and nothing, it is still there not usable. Tried everything.

Can anyone help me with it? Thanks!
45 REPLIES 45
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Usually turning the phone Off and On helps in these situations and or Settings > General Management > Reset > Reset Network Connection.

Or deleting the eSim profile.

You shouldn't have to go to the extent of Factory Reset @Golabus 

Try removing your physical sim cards and then re insert them and power the phone back on.

A Google Search may yield further help techniques. 

If I can be of any further help then please don't hesitate. Take care.  😎 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Golabus
Apprentice
Options
Thank you for your time :smiling-face:
Unfortunately I tried all of it. Tried deleting it - it would not delete, reset network settings - doesn't affect it at all, done factory reset problem still here 🤦 I am running out of ideas what to so with it.

I am wondering if there is other ways of removing this sim?

Physical sims are not being detected at all, it looks like activating the esim deactivated physical sim. I put the physical sim in a different phone and it works perfect.

No idea what to try next..
Golabus
Apprentice
Options
Tried all that, nothing worked.. gonna try speaking to Samsung to see what they say
Members_tV3SQDN
First Poster
Options

Exact same thing happened to mine on Thursday, Lycamobile e-sim has completely broken the network feature of my S22 and I cant delete the e-sim. Physical sims no longer work either and I have the same no entry sign.

My phone is actually with Samsung (TMT First) at the minute and if your phone has any cosmetic damage on it then I'm afraid you now own a very expensive paperweight because the warranty isn't going to cover the cost and you need a new subPBA (whatever that is).

0 Likes
Shinty
First Poster
Options

I have exactly the same problem, with exactly the same symptoms.  LycaMobile have been useless and Samsung want me to drive the phone 40 miles to a repair centre.

0 Likes
baz98
First Poster
Options

Having exactly the same issue, tried removing the esim I bought from airlo and it won't go. Even after factory reset. Physical sim not recognising so phones essentially useless. Did you get it repaired by samsung? 

0 Likes
Members_nd1s29s
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem, I can't remove the card, do you know the solution?

0 Likes
Members_KkNoKvK
First Poster
Options

I bought my esim from Airalo and I cannot do anything, as everyone else mentioned before me

I performed factory reset but with no help, can this be escalated with Samsung?

0 Likes