Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Did Samsung mess up the S22 Ultra?

(Topic created on: 18-02-2022 10:25 PM)
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Some thoughts : 

The S series was for camera Enthusiasts as far as I know .

The Note series was for Business minded. 

Couple of things worth noting.

1. With the Spen included now in the S series Samsung is contributing to spen wastage as how many will actually use it ( besides note users) is yet to see.
Atleast with the S21 Ultra it is an option like a charger to buy or not to buy.
Feel like Samsung didn't think this through.

2. On the above point the S22 Ultra does seem like a delayed Note series than an S series.

3. The shifting of the bottom speakers to the left seems like a design fail for someone gaming (without headphones) as your hand palm will block it while playing.

4. Would have preferred a bigger battery instead of the Spen making it an optional accessory like the S21 ultra.

5. The rounded corners of the S series is more forgiving on the hands than the hard edges of the S22 Ultra boxy design.

6. I feel Samsung should let the S series continue without the Spen and the boxy design and keep the rounded design of the series and let the folds and the flips take over from the Note

I know lots of rant here by me but do like if you agree .

And be free to have a healthy discussion of what's in favour for it besides the Note Fan friendly phone that it is.

Point to note though I come from buying S series phones so hence the rant.

15 REPLIES 15
Sean03
Pathfinder
Options
the Z series is where it's at 😁Tons of fun to be had.
0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Not a fan of the foldables.
Sean03
Pathfinder
Options
Fair enough!
0 Likes
SjorsK
Maestro
Options

Well, the Note series where always intended to be the biggest, badest pock-supercomputers on the market. So is the S22 Ultra since it's first inception. I'm however happy to hear that the S22 Ultra will replace the Note. 

The Note is death, Long life the new Ultra! :face-with-tears-of-joy:

Galaxy S22 Ultra  is simply amazing!  🤗

0 Likes
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
If people don't want the S-Pen could they sell them on eBay to folk that lose theirs or would the S-Pen work with a standard S22 too or older S21 Ultra? Just a thought as then they wouldn't be wasted and whoever buys the phone could get something back for the otherwise redundant pen that way too
0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Then you'd have a gaping hole in your phone. Not practical.
The S21 ultra can use any spen .
Only no Bluetooth functionality.
0 Likes
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
Okay I didn't know the gaping hole would be an issue. That creates a market for a dummy pen or cap to put in the hole should third party phone covers not already cover it. Also if the phone has an IP rating, the pen socket should be sealed off inside
0 Likes
KirkyLAD
Navigator
Options
It's pretty clear that you don't like the S-pen. I'd personally prefer the pen to be included because it's then got a space in the phone and I don't have to buy a specific 3rd party cover that is wider etc to house the pen

The S-Pen being an optional accessory is cool but you can't use a s-pen from another device (like a tab S7) for air actions. You have to buy a S-Pen Pro made specifically for the S21 Ultra (good luck finding one of them)

For people who want to use it, this is a massive step up but if it's not for you, that can be annoying to have it taking up space and less rounded corners etc

The only around this though is either shift to having 4 S phones a year (and that seems unnecessary) or switch back to having a note. Either one seems to play on what they are really focusing on: foldables. They clearly want to be market leaders so are putting massive effort into that
Vybz
Pioneer
Options
Maybe Samsung will analyse the spen usage data over the year and then decide what happens to the s23 ultra.

An option could be to buy the ultra with or without spen with s23..... who knows.

Personally I'm glad the 'note' is back and looking forward to receiving my s22 ultra 🤗
0 Likes