Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

call volume very low

(Topic created on: 19-07-2023 11:15 PM)
UNKNOWNUSERNAME
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Hey, recently my phone volume has been very low while on a call, I'm now abroad and tried to contact family in the UK and I could hardly hear them, any ideas?
0 Likes

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Solution
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @UNKNOWNUSERNAME 

Sometimes the connection between the calls can be the cause of some issues.

However whilst in an active call then try turning the volume up. 

Also by using a torch check the phone's speakers for any build up of debris.

Use a bit of bluetac on the microphone on your phone and pull it away as this should remove any dust etc.

A screen protector that's not placed correctly can hinder the phone's microphones.

And so can a case.

Your phone has a diagnostic tool in your Samsung Members App too. 

Samsung Help Link > What-to-do-if-the-sound-on-your-galaxy-smartphone-is-not-working-properly. 

Samsung Help Link > What-to-do-if-you-cannot-hear-the-phone-call-sound-well. 

A Samsung Service Centre can assess your phone.

If I can be of any further help then please don't hesitate. Take care.  😎 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

View solution in context

Solution
Goober
Apprentice
Options

I had the same thing happen to me the other day (I have owned my S23 Ultra for over a year now with no issue). I noticed when making a call the other day that the call volume was way lower than it used to be. This was a vary recent development and happened all of a sudden. I don't remember an update happening recently and no physical event happened to the phone or speaker that would have such a large affect on call volume. The media audio was not affected as playing videos and music was still extremely loud through the ear speaker. 

What Fixed My Phone:

(I have never before messed with the media volume limit. Ever.)

Called a friend who was able to speak into the phone for a minute just so I could monitor the ear speaker volume. Opened up the volume settings on the phone> then hit the three dots in the top right and selected media volume limit. The media volume limit was off. So I switched it on, slid the limit to max and then turned the media volume limit back to off. 

This solved the problem. The phone ear speaker is now as loud as it was previously. Unknown to me if this was a software issue or if somehow this happened in my pocket. (my money is on software)

Anyway hope this helps!

View solution in context

7 REPLIES 7
Solution
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @UNKNOWNUSERNAME 

Sometimes the connection between the calls can be the cause of some issues.

However whilst in an active call then try turning the volume up. 

Also by using a torch check the phone's speakers for any build up of debris.

Use a bit of bluetac on the microphone on your phone and pull it away as this should remove any dust etc.

A screen protector that's not placed correctly can hinder the phone's microphones.

And so can a case.

Your phone has a diagnostic tool in your Samsung Members App too. 

Samsung Help Link > What-to-do-if-the-sound-on-your-galaxy-smartphone-is-not-working-properly. 

Samsung Help Link > What-to-do-if-you-cannot-hear-the-phone-call-sound-well. 

A Samsung Service Centre can assess your phone.

If I can be of any further help then please don't hesitate. Take care.  😎 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

UNKNOWNUSERNAME
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
sorry for late reply, but thank you so much!
Solution
Goober
Apprentice
Options

I had the same thing happen to me the other day (I have owned my S23 Ultra for over a year now with no issue). I noticed when making a call the other day that the call volume was way lower than it used to be. This was a vary recent development and happened all of a sudden. I don't remember an update happening recently and no physical event happened to the phone or speaker that would have such a large affect on call volume. The media audio was not affected as playing videos and music was still extremely loud through the ear speaker. 

What Fixed My Phone:

(I have never before messed with the media volume limit. Ever.)

Called a friend who was able to speak into the phone for a minute just so I could monitor the ear speaker volume. Opened up the volume settings on the phone> then hit the three dots in the top right and selected media volume limit. The media volume limit was off. So I switched it on, slid the limit to max and then turned the media volume limit back to off. 

This solved the problem. The phone ear speaker is now as loud as it was previously. Unknown to me if this was a software issue or if somehow this happened in my pocket. (my money is on software)

Anyway hope this helps!

UNKNOWNUSERNAME
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Thank you so much for your help, i now have an s23u aswell and thankfully have not experienced any low volume problems yet. I have added this as a solution to help others.🙂
Goober
Apprentice
Options

There is another thread out there I saw with a lot more traffic that had the same issue. I'll go ahead and post it over too. Hopefully its useful to someone.

0 Likes
Misslj
Apprentice
Options

Thank you for thus, just happened to me on my flip 3, I'm the same and never touched media volume limit and with this post, I checked it and it was OFF no idea how it happened. Thanks for the post

0 Likes
P298
First Poster
Options

Those still looking for a solution, try this: https://youtu.be/US1A0wqQyL0

0 Likes