Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic google maps dimming

(Topic created on: 17-04-2022 07:21 PM)
Redbaron
First Poster
Options

Most annoying samsung- thing is back...Screen dims automatically when using Google maps.As soon as you use GM, screen dims down automatically right away to a point, where i cant see anything anymore, almost got into an accident because i had my nose right up to the screen because i couldnt read the street name.

All the settings in the world didnt help to solve the issue, have to go back to Xiaomis Flagship Mi 11 , as i need this app every day. Last time to buy a samsung phone, the previous Note had the same issue, so it is not a glitch.

Luckily, i still have time to return the phone, so i will. Xiaomi, you guys are my favorite !!!!

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
Tourbillon De La Vie
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

It is screen timeout. Simple change 

0 Likes
Redbaron
First Poster
Options

No, it is not that.

0 Likes
Tourbillon De La Vie
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

So, you change the screen timeout to 2min, open maps and it dims in few seconds rather than minutes 

0 Likes
Redbaron
First Poster
Options

I tried all the settings, no effect,screen still dims, only on Google Maps.

0 Likes
Tourbillon De La Vie
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

If you click start navigation does it still happen? It shouldn't. It has to do with android and not Samsung. 

0 Likes
Redbaron
First Poster
Options

Yes,it does. And it happens only on Samsung phones, Xiaomi, Huawei dont have this problems, my wife's older Note does it too, the previous note i gave away to my niece in Mexico.....I am doing 200 deliveries every day and dependend on the Maps, recently i am using a differend app for truckers....

0 Likes
Tourbillon De La Vie
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

It's been going on for a while now 

https://www.digitalspy.com/tech/apple/a480277/google-maps-auto-dimming-feature-sparks-user-backlash/

That said hope you find a working solution 

0 Likes
Members_cFdcums
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue on a Galaxy S21. Super annoying. This will be my last Samsung phone because I need to use Google Maps outside and now I can't. The only solution is using Google Maps Go, but the app has limited features. I'm thinking of buying a Xiami too...

0 Likes