Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto-rotation broken after update to One UI 5.1 on S22

(Topic created on: 23-02-2023 09:15 AM)
Statherian
Journeyman
Options

So it seems the recent update to One UI 5.1 on my Galaxy S22, broke the auto-rotation. Now, everything that's affected by the auto-rotation being switched on, roates to landscape/horizontal all the time (for example in Google Photos or Chrome). If I move the phone from horizontal to vertical, it changes to portrait, but then almost immediately rotates back to landscape again. This also affects photos taken - they're now all registered as taken in landscape-mode. 

I was wondering if one of the sensors were perhaps broken, but if I run the sensor-tests, they all pass. And everything worked fine until I installed the latest update, two days ago.

I'm based in Norway, and the full version info is - 

One UI version: 5.1

Current version: S901BXXU3CWAI / S901BOXM3CWAI / S901BXXU3CWAI

Security patch level: 1 February 2023

Anyone else have this issue?

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
On the support tab here on members app you can fo a sensor test under diagnostics.
Statherian
Journeyman
Options

- deleted double post -

0 Likes
Statherian
Journeyman
Options

I've done the "Sensor"-test under "Device Care"->"Diagnostics"->"Sensors", and they all say Normal.

When I enter *#0*# on the keypad, and do the "Image Test" for the accelerometer sensor, the image is rotated to landscape mode, no matter how I hold the phone. So I understand something could be wrong with the sensor there, but I find it very odd that the problem literally started when the phone was rebooted after the latest update was done...

0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
May be make sure your screen is clean near the sensor near the camera hole.

Also try a wipe cache and repair apps when in same menu.
Statherian
Journeyman
Options

I've cleaned the whole screen now, but that didn't help the issue.

I can't find any options for wipe cache and repair apps in either the "Device Care"->"Diagnostics" menu or the service menu - where exactly are those options located?

0 Likes
Stephb82390
First Poster
Options

I'm having the same issue. My tablet won't rotate at all, I thought I did something to it. It did it basically right after the update.

0 Likes
ErinW1
First Poster
Options

My phone will not auto rotate at all after the update. I have to manually select the rotate icon on each photo now. It is a huge PITA. I'm not sure why this feature was removed from the main drop down menu altogether. 

0 Likes
JerseySteve
Student
Options
Same issue for me. No auto rotate. Very annoying when trying to read a pdf document
0 Likes
JerseySteve
Student
Options
Now discovered answer on another posting. Double swipe down at top of screen to bring down quick panel. Look for option that says "portrait". Tap on that button and should change to "auto rotate"