Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto restart scheduling

(Topic created on: 24-10-2022 03:03 PM)
Qwerty7
Helping Hand
Options
It seems with the one ui 5 update Samsung have removed the ability to schedule the times you want it to restart, and it will now decide this by itself when the phone "is not in use"

Does anyone know more about how this works? Or if there is any way to restore the previous method; at least then we could schedule the restarts for some time in the night when it definitely will not be used - now it seems as if it can happen even if it's just sitting in your pocket? Or am I missing something here
11 REPLIES 11
Tourbillon De La Vie
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Maybe schedule it using Modes and Routines? 

0 Likes
keith30
Maestro
Options
Don't have the auto restart setting in use then it won't keep restarting. If I want my phone to do it I just restart it myself.
0 Likes
Qwerty7
Helping Hand
Options
There doesn't seem to be an option to schedule a restart in routines unfortunately
AndrewL
Options

@Qwerty7: This should be accessible by heading to Settings > Battery and device care > Tap the 3 dots in the top right > Automation > Restart at set times > On > Set the day(s) and time that you want the restart to take place. Let me know how you get on. 

0 Likes
Miffty
Student
Options
This is where it normal is but it's been removed on the new update
Strykyr
First Poster
Options

It is no longer there.  I want it back.

yrobles
Apprentice
Options

The schedule restart option was one of the first things I missed in the update and I would really like to see it back also. I have the auto restart off but my phone automatically restarted twice anyway and my antivirus program doesn't open on restart like usual.

Manfred7103
First Poster
Options

Yeah, I can't believe they did away with the auto-restart feature where you could schedule it either. I had it set to restart every night in the middle of the night and that helped tremendously. This auto-restart when it thinks it's necessary is garbage. So far, I have yet to see it restart on its own. So now I have to restart it myself constantly. Very irritating. I mean, make the feature optional if they're going to change it to some random event but still allow it to be scheduled and let me choose how I want to handle it. Sure, I can restart it whenever I want, but to have it done automatically, every night, while it's plugged in and sitting idle while I sleep is priceless.

lateniteowl
Journeyman
Options

I also am extremly disappointed its been removed all together.   Please bring it back. 

0 Likes