Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Audio continues after app close

(Topic created on: 14-09-2022 08:48 PM)
PaulC59
Troubleshooter
Options
Just wondering if anyone has had audio continues to play when you close all apps?

If you close the app without first stopping the audio file from playing, it continues to play even though no app is open?

Is there a way to stop this? 

I use an S22 Ultra but this issue isn't specific to this phone as its happened on other phones. Maybe it's how Audio works?

Just wondering if there is a setting that could stop this as it can be a nuisance

To stop it currently I open the app again, stop the file from playing then close the app again
0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
Tourbillon De La Vie
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

What app is playing? 

0 Likes
PaulC59
Troubleshooter
Options
I think it does it with different apps. Last time it was Spotify but I think YouTube and deezer do it too and the stock audio player. When it used to happen on previous phones it could be a nightmare trying to stop it e.g if you opened an audio file from your local folder rather than using an app
0 Likes
Reylob
Big Cheese
Options

Did you check that the app in question has a setting for playing in the background?

For instance VLC keeps playing videos in the background. It has a setting for background and PIP playing. You might need to check for the app. I assume that if you force it to stop it stops playing. Force, as in Settings - Apps - theApp - force stop.

0 Likes
PaulC59
Troubleshooter
Options
Thank you for your reply. It can be tricky as when you click the 3 lines the app doesn't show but I haven't tried the force stop I'll try that and will check the app settings for background playing. The current way I would stop it would be to open the app again, press stop then close the app again. If you don't know the app it sometimes works to pull down the menu and select the app from the list which opens the app so you can stop it playing. It's not specific to this phone as it has happened with other phones so I suspect you might be right about settings in the app or an audio setting somewhere in the phone so I'll have a look
0 Likes
zimma71
Voyager
Options
Yes, but not a continuous sound, just blasts out once every minute..
0 Likes