Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All MP3 files are opening in Spotify app.

(Topic created on: 3 weeks ago)
PAB123
First Poster
Options

I have downloaded and purchased some MP3 files and no matter what I try, they are defaulting to Spotify to open them. I don't have a paid Spotify account so I keep getting an error message when attempting to listen to them.  I tried going into settings for the Spotify app but there is no place to change the setting. Help please!!! 

0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Do you have any other music player installed, say Samsung?
Regards Obsydian - (Car & Tech Evangelist)

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]
0 Likes
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Spotify does let you add local music also, but you have to give it permission to do so.
Regards Obsydian - (Car & Tech Evangelist)

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]
0 Likes
PAB123
First Poster
Options

If I delete the Spotify app the files open fine, but again go right back to Spotify as default if I readd it. Spotify gives an error message because I don't have a paid account and will not allow me to open the files

0 Likes
PAB123
First Poster
Options

Not getting anything but an error message stating I need a paid account to open the files 

0 Likes
lance78
Voyager
Options
Could you try settings apps permission manager music and audio and removing Spotify . If Spotify is in the allowed section, click Spotify, and then click don't allow
0 Likes
PAB123
First Poster
Options

Didn't do anything, still opening in Spotify 

0 Likes
lance78
Voyager
Options
Where did you by the mp3s from
0 Likes
lance78
Voyager
Options
If they work with Spotify not installed I would just leave it uninstall and use samaung music if you want a link to an app I use TubeMate I've used for years
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@PAB123: Please try swiping up from your Home screen > Samsung (folder) > My Files > Audio files > Press and hold on one of the MP3 files > More > Open with > Choose an alternative media player > Select 'Always' to set it as the default option. If a suitable media player isn't listed, explore your options via the Google Play Store. Let me know how you get on.