Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2X Portrait

(Topic created on: 28-08-2023 05:58 PM)
AlexyN9
Navigator
Options
Why hasn't Samsung added 2X Portrait on the S22 Ultra like it did in June on the S23 Ultra? Is it even planning to do so? It just doesn't make any sense that the S21/S23 Ultra have it and not the S22 Ultra. This level of inconsistency is what sometimes annoys me about Samsung. 
0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
keith30
Maestro
Options
I think there is a camera upgrade coming soon for the S22ultra according to Sammobile.com site he's the first to know these releases. Iv'e had the August software update and it's been reported we are getting a second update this month, and expecting a camera upgrade too, 1.6Gb I believe..some have mentioned they got it this morning
0 Likes
AlexyN9
Navigator
Options
Well, I really hope that update brings the 2X Portrait on the S22 Ultra.
0 Likes
AlexyN9
Navigator
Options
I just got the 2nd August update on my S22 Ultra and disappointingly Nope, it didn't bring the 2X portrait.
0 Likes
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
Did it bring any 2x zoom? Also, you tried installing camera assistant?
0 Likes
AlexyN9
Navigator
Options
Yes, I have had the camera assistant installed for a while. Which 2X zoom you are talking about, portrait or normal shots?
0 Likes
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
Either or both.
0 Likes
AlexyN9
Navigator
Options
Definitely not the 2X portrait and as the improved 2X shots no idea. I see the exact same settings on the camera assistant on both, my Galaxy s22 and S23 Ultra.
0 Likes
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
Well I don't have the S22 Ultra anymore, but the S23 Ultra has it now and there is a significant improvement. I know on my S21 Ultra the 2x portraits been there for a while but it's not on the photo mode.
0 Likes
AlexyN9
Navigator
Options
The S21 Ultra has always had the 2X portrait since first day of release. Then Samsung removed it on the S22 Ultra. Didn't come on the S23 Ultra either but added it in June. I just don't understand why not add it on the S22 Ultra too and if Samsung is planning to do so (which I doubt now) why is it taking so long? I think all S22 Ultra owners should demand Samsung to do so.
0 Likes