Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB Connection

(Topic created on: 11-05-2023 12:54 PM)
Gerrymac
Pathfinder
Options

Hi,

I,ve tried to connect my S21 to my PC. This has worked previously so I,m at odds as to what has happened. Everytime I connect my phone I get the USB Not Recognised notification.

I have googled all and have deleted all USB Roots in Device Manager, Restarted the PC and still the phone is not showing.

I have tried in another laptop and same thing is happening.

Is there any settings within the phone that is stopping this connection?

Find it strange that is was working before. The only thing different would be a Windows Up-date.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
AndrewL
Options

@Gerrymac: Please can you try heading to Settings > Apps > Tap the 3 lines with the downward facing arrow, to the right of 'Your apps' > Show system apps (toggle this on) > OK > Scroll down, and tap on 'USBSettings' > Storage > Clear cache > Clear data, then restart your device. 

Next time you connect to your PC using the USB cable that came packaged with the phone, please try swiping from the top of the screen to the bottom, and check the notification panel to see if the connection has been recognised, and tap the notification to explore your available options. Let me know how you get on. 

View solution in context

9 REPLIES 9
Solution
AndrewL
Options

@Gerrymac: Please can you try heading to Settings > Apps > Tap the 3 lines with the downward facing arrow, to the right of 'Your apps' > Show system apps (toggle this on) > OK > Scroll down, and tap on 'USBSettings' > Storage > Clear cache > Clear data, then restart your device. 

Next time you connect to your PC using the USB cable that came packaged with the phone, please try swiping from the top of the screen to the bottom, and check the notification panel to see if the connection has been recognised, and tap the notification to explore your available options. Let me know how you get on. 

Gerrymac
Pathfinder
Options

Worked a treat Andrew..Many Thanks.

AndrewL
Options

That's great news, @Gerrymac. Glad I could help :smiling-face:

Emadeldin
First Poster
Options

hi, i have 52s 5g, my mobile can't read any data using usb port nor otg nor when i connect it to my pc, only allow to charge, but data can't read it, my pc say can't recognize ur device, and when i connect my otg, my notification say usb connected, but cant read my flash drive nor even physical mouse 😞 , just few days before everything were working well, i don't know what happened 

Sammy Miami
Student
Options

I am having a similar problem with my S21 Ultra. I have been using the OTG connection for an external HDD. It's worked fine for years and all of a sudden after an update, the phone won't recognize the HDD. Something got screwed up with the update. How do I fix this?

FYI, The fix by AndrewL did not work.

0 Likes
Maha3
First Poster
Options

Hi, did you find a solution to this. I have the same phone and the same issue. Except that it never worked for me.

0 Likes
Sammy Miami
Student
Options

Unfortunately no. My usb then stopped charging. I took it to the repair shop. They said the port and phone were fine and suggested I try a new cable. Something weird is happening, now it charges.

0 Likes
Maha3
First Poster
Options

Yeah, no the new cable from the box doesn't help it either. it's always just charging. I think samsung just needs to accept that this is an issue on their end and fix it. cause the same cable, laptop and port works with another brand's phone. It's annoying cause i'd like it to work on samsung. 😞

0 Likes
Sammy Miami
Student
Options

Doesn't help

0 Likes