Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TRADE IN NEW TRICK BY SAMSUNG / MTR GROUP

(Topic created on: 22-08-2022 05:20 PM)
HanS21ultra
Apprentice
Options

HELLO ALL, 

PLEASE BE CAREFUL BEFORE SEND PHONE FOR TRADE-IN TO MTR GROUP LTD WHO HANDLE TRADE IN CASE ON BEHALF OF SAMSUNG. THEY DAMAGED MY PHONE AND DEMANDING EXCESS PAYMENT FOR PROCESSING TRADE IN DEVICE. LUCKEY I AM , I HAVE TAKEN PICTURES BEFORE SENT IT TO SAMSUNG.

NO SPECIFIC REASON GIVEN, AS WELL AS NO PROFORMA INVOICE GIVEN, PAYMENT DEMAND DIRECTLY BY MTR GROUP WITHOUT SATISFACTORY ANSWER. VERY UPSET WITH SAMSUNG PURCHASE OF S21 ULTRA. I WAS FAN OF SAMSUNG BUT AFTER SPENDING NEARLY £1499.00 WITH NEW S21 ULTRA DEVICE AND ACESSORIES, GOT TRAP BETWEEN MTR GROUP AND SAMSUNG.  WITH PRESENT EXPERIENCE NEVER EVER TO SAMSUNG MOBILE...
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE BE CAREFUL BEFORE GET TRAP ON TRADE IN SCAM. YOU WILL BE NO GO SITUATION AND FORCE YOU TO PAY £100.00 FOR EXCESS.  TAKE PICTURE OF YOUR DEVICE ALL THE ANGLE, IF POSSIBLE VIDEO AS WELL...   

22 REPLIES 22
Members_B96wUwC
First Poster
Options

I have a fold 3 and the screen protector is peeling away at the fold point.  Samsung replace these under warranty anyway.  MTR are trying to get £150 out of me.

Samsung support are refusing to deal with me regarding it.  As far as im concerned  under UK law my contract of sale was with samsung, i deal with samsung - they simply said go ring MTR

Samsung your support is appalling, to go tell your customers to "ring them" instead of you dealing with your 3rd party contractors... appalling... 

I for one am not paying, as ive not agreed to the appraisal which means the contract of sale is not complete yet lol

0 Likes
d0nkster
First Poster
Options
How did you go about this iv got exact same issue?
0 Likes
timmyb69
First Poster
Options
Samsung use a company called mtr group for their trade ins. Avoid using Samsung for trade ins as mtr group will try and rip you off, see all reviews for mtr group on Google and trusted pilot.....avoid!
0 Likes