text messages started failed when wifi on

(Topic created on: 22-11-2023 07:00 PM)
danx55
Voyager
Options
hi all
i opened Samsung text app and it forced me through some settings
... them text messages started falling to send 
...i checked settings and it has turned chat on, so i toggled it off... but messages still fail to send if i have wifi on 😕 
help! 
thanks 
0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
Piper123
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
RCS Messages are (in my opinion) a pain in the preverbial. Others on here like them but I despised them.

My advice would be to turn RCS Chats OFF then for any texts you are waiting to send, press on the text, copy and paste it and send as SMS.

Note that anyone who's last message from you was an RCS Chat will likely reply through RCS so maybe text them again via SMS if only to say hi.

I don't use RCS any more. Only use SMS and MMS.
S24 Ultra
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

In the chat settings there are options to Resend as a Text/Multimedia message,ask before resending or do not Resend. Default Message type can be sent as Text,chat or Automatic. Messages only go as RCS if sender and receiver and using the service.

However if prefer Text/Multimedia are free to use that option.   If issues  happen to persist advisable to firstly clear the cache of the Messaging app, go to Settings-Apps-Messages-Storage-clear cache However may need Reset the Network connections,go to settings-General Management-Reset-Reset Network Settings and restart.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
danx55
Voyager
Options
many thanks guys ...i think i have set all the needed settings ... only way to be sure is to keep wifi off i guess 😃
0 Likes