Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 Ultra ***** Battery

(Topic created on: 21-11-2023 04:56 PM)
ScottSap
Explorer
Options
2h SOT with about 27 percent left? Horrendous... then samsung says my capacity is at 5000 why is the SOT so bad

0 Likes
18 REPLIES 18
GC74
Navigator
Options
Yes mines pretty bad too, and like yourself got deceived by the 5000 mh.
Its been a disappointing ride with the S21 ultra, its been over hyped. Especially the camera.
ScottSap
Explorer
Options
It's horrific I quite like the s21 ultra design wise and so on however the battery is such a degrade
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@ScottSap  personally have not had battery /SOT issues too often on my Device  though can be  temporary issues with software updates.  Some social media apps can be Battery Hogs, particularly Tiktok  and Facebook ,Spotify to a degree also.  Are you following general optimisation techniques such as turning off some connections when they are not needed and putting some apps which are not used on a regular basis into sleep Mode?  it  is generally best to turn off Adaptive Brightness and not have it continuously at high levels.  Dark Mode is an option at certain times of the day though I am not a fan of having this mode constantly on disabling too much, ideally you need a mix of the best experience with  impressive enough Battery life.

It is advisable to clear the cache partition after updates, temporary cache files are deleted but Data is intact. Follow these steps:

1. Turn off the device.
2. Connect To Computer or plug in USB-C Headphones , Press and hold the Volume Up key and then press and hold the Power key
3. When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
4. Wait until the Android system recovery menu options appear.
5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
6. Press Power key to select.
7. Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
8. When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
9. Press the Power key to restart the device.

You can also Repair apps from the same Recovery Menu.

A Factory Reset would be the last resort,though some Members feel a refresh is occasionally needed  (ensure Data is backed up before contemplating the procedure).

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

Piper123
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
How long have you owned the device? It is a couple of years old since release and if you've had it that long then battery degradation is typical sadly.

Look at your battery usage to see if any apps are taking juice they don't need.
0 Likes
ScottSap
Explorer
Options
I bought it 2 months ago
0 Likes
Piper123
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
If you bought it new, I would be looking to return it in that case or at least book a repair.

Have you run the diagnostics tests in the battery to see if there are any issues (that you don't know of already).
ScottSap
Explorer
Options
Yep I've ran all diagnostics they are all perfect
Dave123456789
Navigator
Options
Download good guardians app. Battery guardian and galaxy app booster made a big difference to my phone. I run the app booster after every update. And restart your phone once a week
ScottSap
Explorer
Options
I can't find any of them?
0 Likes