Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Software update not available on data

(Topic created on: 28-12-2021 10:45 AM)
AlinPostelnicu
Explorer
Options
Just checked with my data operator and they confirmed they don't limit the software update over data. So wtf is going on? Paid big money for an "ultra"  smartphone and an unlimited data contract hoping this is it and then I get stuck every month on this bullshit "download over WiFi only". Has anyone any idea why this is happening? Is it exclusive to this model?
24 REPLIES 24
DianDD
Voyager
Options
I meant this oneScreenshot_20211228-203900_Settings_8948_1640723940.jpg
0 Likes
AlinPostelnicu
Explorer
Options
.Screenshot_20211228-203938_Settings_6542_1640723979.jpg
0 Likes
Heaven2815
First Poster
Options

Dif anyone figure this out? My phone is the ultra as well and nowhere is there a place to change setting from wifi download only! Augh! So so irritated!

Timk66
First Poster
Options

I am having the same stupid problem .  When they designed this phone they sure took alot of short cuts .  I think this phone just plain SUCKS !!!!!

0 Likes
jnettleton
First Poster
Options

I see the same issue on my Samsung A51 phone using a USB-C ethernet adapter.  The SmartThings app also turns on WiFi regardless of an existing ethernet connection.  It also turns on Bluetooth automatically even though it appears to only be used to scan for a new hub and/or new devices (would be nice to turn it on/off when needed to conserve power).  For Samsung, it's all about WiFi and they don't appear to test/check for an ethernet connection.

0 Likes