11 REPLIES 11
tpaulfelder
First Poster
Options

I'm using both 

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

Further to the advice offered by @Fiona26 if you;d like to stop the phone unlocking in this manner then please head to Settings > Lock Screen > Smart Lock, and disable any settings that unlock the phone under the given circumstances e.g. Trusted Location. Now, head to Settings > Biometrics and Security > Screen Lock Type > Enter your PIN or Pattern if prompted > Biometrics > Face, and toggle this off. 

0 Likes
tpaulfelder
First Poster
Options

Please re read the question

0 Likes
Risky24
Helping Hand
Options
Are you saying that the phone app (dialer) keep launching whenever you use the phone?
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@tpaulfelder: Ah, apologies, I see what you mean. If you head to Settings > Lock Screen > Shortcuts, and remove the Phone app as a shortcut option, does the issue persist? 

0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
It could be your palm is pressing against the phone dialer. The S21 has sensitive edges due to the curved screen.
0 Likes
tpaulfelder
First Poster
Options

Yes. The terminology is confusing. Regularly when i switch on the phone the phone dialler opens.

0 Likes
tpaulfelder
First Poster
Options

I suspected that so moved the phone app back several pages from he home screen. Didn't cure the problem.

As I had a further problem with the camera app. The zoom bar kept appearing at random at the bottom of the screen and then the shutter wouldn't work. I left the phone with a Vodafone shop to have it checked out.

These problems have beset me for months I tried various Google searches for assistance but to no avail. This forum has been the most helpful, the only helpful, of all, so thanks to all who contributed 

0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
As a last resort, I would do a wipe cache and make sure all apps are updated both from galaxy store and Google play store.
0 Likes