Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 Internet connection when im on a call

(Topic created on: 13-04-2021 10:58 AM)
AndyHUK
Student
Options
Hi all, I have had my s21 for around 4 weeks and everytime i make or recieve a call my internet stops working completely. I could have 4g showing and then this changes the what looks like a H up at the top right. Once the call has ended my internet starts to work again and my notifications come through. Any ideas on what is causing this? I have contacted o2 and they didn't know what was causing it. 

Thanks 
0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
CarlH
Options

Hi @AndyHUK. How old is your SIM card? This used to happen when making a call to prioritise that connection instead of using mobile data at the same time. Have you tried or are you able to test a different SIM card? 

AndyHUK
Student
Options
Hi CarlH, its a brand new sim card from o2 its a 5g one although i dont actually get 5g where i live. I don't have another sim card i can try today, but i am going to try that idea. Just find it very strange how it cuts out when i make a call. Added a photo where 4g logo is normally displayed. Will let you know how it goes with another sim card.

Thanks

Screenshot_20210413-114609_Call_16204.jpg

0 Likes
Aklima
Big Cheese
Options
Hi,
As u mentioned the H that's mobile data. I think ur 5g sim is giving u problems as u don't have 5g coverage in ur area.
0 Likes
Risky24
Helping Hand
Options
To my knowledge, as long as VoLTE is not active, your device will step down from 4g to 3g/HSDPA whenever receiving a regular voice call. I do believe you should still be able to browse the internet while on a call though so not sure why you are unable to.
0 Likes
Members_qfB3yOb
First Poster
Options

I get the same problem with my S21 and with O2. When they call me internet is gone.

Please let me know if you solve it!

0 Likes