Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery usage

(Topic created on: 12-04-2022 01:25 PM)
Kashifsam
Journeyman
Options

Is this some kind of bug? Always On Display battery usage 98%? I think it's not even close to accurate. 
0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
AndrewL
Options

@Kashifsam: I agree that this doesn't seem right at all. In fact, your overall battery usage for all listed apps seems abnormally high. Are you charging your phone while you're using it? If so, can you try charging the phone to 100%, then use it as you would normally without connecting to your charger to see if the usage stats improve? 

Kashifsam
Journeyman
Options
I don't charge while using, but avoid charging it to 100% for perceived battery degradation. I frequently charge it for short periods of time during the day.
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Kashifsam: I see. It would appear that these frequent, short charges are affecting your battery information, as it is currently represents 7 days usage, with over 24 hours of screen on time. Although I understand that your aim is to preserve your battery, please try charging the device only when required, as per the above, and check your usage to see if it levels out. 

Kashifsam
Journeyman
Options
Understood. Will do as advised. Thanks
0 Likes
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
If you go to battery and device care. Click on battery, scroll down to more battery settings. Turn on protect battery at the bottom.
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Kashifsam up to you whether to use the protect Battery feature or not, different opinions on that.  However for modern smart phones best not to completely discharge battery,I would suggest not letting it drop below 15% anyway.

You might find some information in this article useful https://www.wired.co.uk/article/how-to-improve-battery-life-tips-myths-smartphones 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
How is he able to get a 6 day usage like that 🤔.

Maybe he keep charging all the time.
0 Likes
GusB
Big Cheese
Options
It's because the tab your on is usage since LAST FULL CHARGE, you haven't charged to 100% so it's the accumulation of use over the past 7 days.

If you charge to 100% it will reset it's measurements.