Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S20 ultra camera focus problem

(Topic created on: 13-12-2022 03:10 PM)
waddy1963
Apprentice
Options
Hi help needed my camera will not focus unless its on 4.0 or more & even then it's hit & miss
39 REPLIES 39
waddy1963
Apprentice
Options
I just use my £1000 s20utra phone as a phone now as that's all its good for Samsung was very unhelpful as it was 2 years & 4 months old. I'm very disappointed in Samsung I will be jumping ship stuff them that sort of money it should last forever
TerminatorOWNZ
Explorer
Options

Sad to hear that but can't agree more. Initially was a perfect phone with the best overall camera. Mine is still in perfect condition since bought it. The battery holds like new. But the camera (a daily driver for me) is no good since the update that ruined the main camera focusing. Really a bummer. 

Rayafc
First Poster
Options
Totally agree, if they don't fix this my next phone will not be a Samsung after many years of using them.
indd
Student
Options

same with me here, tap, shake, nudge will help, or change to potrait then back to photo will help, but u lose the moment u need, no software update helps so far, samsung please do some reach to the customer for problem solving without leaving the phone in service centre which is frustrating with the apps and security tide up with the phone

indd
Student
Options

is there anyone who go to service centre got the issue solved ? please help to share the experience thank you

TerminatorOWNZ
Explorer
Options

Alas, sad to hear that happened with your S20U as well :(. That's a fact that sending the phone to the service is equal to being without a working laptop or a PC at the current overall level of phone integration 😞

For me, it's equal to sending the phone to service (without any guarantee of fixing and a hard reset for sure) and just switching to a new one... 😞

0 Likes
TerminatorOWNZ
Explorer
Options

I believe I've read most of the recent posts regarding the main camera module problem on the S20U and seen a few comments that, for some, the service has replaced the camera module, but that's it. Without any further info on how it's going or did it happened again after the fix.

0 Likes
TerminatorOWNZ
Explorer
Options

As for me, I've lost count of blurred photos clogging the cloud storage. I have almost used to making 2-4 pics if I'm capturing some important documents. I lost the confidence of just capturing the moment at max possible crisp considering the conditions. 

My Android 13 (One UI 5 Upgrade Android 13) update is still pending. Looking for some proof of fixing the main camera focus issue before falling into another S20U_new_update_post_issues_early_adopter "adventure"

MicrosoftTeams-image (7).jpg

I'd be glad if anyone who has already updated would share their feedback regarding the update, the camera module, and its focus behavior.

0 Likes
waddy1963
Apprentice
Options
Hi I've found if I tap the screen really hard with my finger nail it goes into focus give it a try not ideal I know
TerminatorOWNZ
Explorer
Options

Thanks, yes, that's the only way the main camera module would refocus completely and snap onto the object/scenery. That's the only working workaround so far. But IMHO, tapping/nudging/shaking the flagship phone to make its main camera focus correctly is not the way it should work... S20U is still legally under Samsung's support, but they seem like they are ignoring the issue that they've caused with the software update and not providing a fix for about a year or so...

0 Likes