What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S20 plus missing camera resolution settings missing

(Topic created on: 21-07-2021 01:41 AM)
Options

I don't know if this a bug or something with the last update that come out? I've just noticed that when I go into my camera settings I no longer have the option to adjust back or front camera resolution anymore. I can't upload a photo (screen shot) to show this but hopefully other have noticed this as well. 

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10
strawberry cake
Hotshot
Options

@Galaxy S20 Series 

hello

the resolution option is still there

head to Camera → Camera  → tap the resolution icon above → then select preferred resolution 😉

strawberrycake_0-1626396492999.jpeg

strawberrycake_1-1626396492637.jpeg

strawberrycake_2-1626396492647.jpeg

(\_/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") strawberry cake so delicious

0 Likes
Options

Hi

Thanks for your reply

Actually i am talking about camera setting option. Top left of your 1st pic. When i click, it disappear within a second. 

0 Likes
Members_iNhg4MB
Apprentice
Options

Sorry i have to disagree.

That is not resolution. Setting is for aspect ratio and resolution is preset and not adjustable in each mode

Resolution settings has been taken away as are many choices taken away recently.

Seems time to go analogue.

Will be leaving Samsung soon.

Julianikos
Student
Options

Well those options are sure gone.. However if you choose 9:16 ,shoot and then property the image it is at 4032-2268 which is 4k. Only at 2.79mb though. Sure seems clipped some way. Not sure why those settings are gone. Pretty miffed! 

Julianikos
Student
Options

I just had Samsung support remote into my s20 plus. They know these settings are gone and the tech showed me the ratio icons on top when in camera mode and when you choose 9:16 youre in 4k full aspect is even higher res. You dont really know what resolution youre shooting till you property that image. So for example 9:16 aspect gives you 4024x2232. So I find it not good like this. I mean I can shoot 9:16 in 720p 1080p or 4k maybe 8k Now 9:16 resolution is chosen for me? Stupid! 

brunoosti
Journeyman
Options

I know it's not optimal, but there you go. The simpler best free app to solve this (though not the first option on google play). You can even override original files making it as practical as possible: 

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mp4android.photoresizerhd

Also, Cram (paid), that has an automatic compression (but not resize) feature as soon as you take a pic (it's bugging with my s21 FE, unfortunately): 

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.accusoft.thinpic

0 Likes
Haruto1
Student
Options

If those features are not coming back I may get apple cause I am soo disappointed with that feature missed. S20 was my favorite series and I lost interest now.

0 Likes
elizamay2015
Journeyman
Options

Clearly some do not know the difference between an aspect ratio and resolution. While 16:9 may be 'bigger'  than 4:3, that is simply because you are taking a photo of a larger area - like an older television screen vs a theatre screen.

With resolution change, you should be able to for example take a 16:9 photo with great detail, medium detail, or low detail, which will ultimately change th file size.

At one point with a samsung phone, I could take a low res photo that would be in the kbs (well under 1MB). Then I could raise resolution to capture MORE data in the same amount of space, pack more in so to speak for camera neophytes.

Think like this -  I have a 1 acre fenced field and cars to park in that field.  If I put in 5 cars on that one acre it's low res - if I focus in on the feild ir's very easy to lose sight of any single car. If I put  25 cars in, it's medium resolution, chances a pretty good I will see a part of a car if I focus in on any place in the field. Parking 500 cars inside the fences? That's high resolution - anywhere I look in on there's a car in my view. Same one acre, MAJOR difference in the csrs (data) contained.

I WANT THAT ABILITY TO CHOOSE returned yo me, to decide if I want to keep 500 pictures of one car each on my phone, or 5 pictures of 500 cars each stored on my phone.

At some point as a photographer I may want to be able to see single pollen grains on a bee's legs, or simply see that there is a flower with a bee sitting on it.

Don't consider users yo all be amateurs, it's so simple to just leave us with the choice.  I shouldn't have to break out my older galaxy phone to tske photos the way I want, or I may as well get a fuji camera.

0 Likes
elizamay2015
Journeyman
Options

Ageeed. Samsung's treating its users as simpletons.  We know the difference between area and concentration. Sometimes I want a teaspoon of sugar in my 1 cup of lemonade, sometimes I want 10 teaspoons of sugar in that exact same cup - GIVE ME THE CHOICE AGAIN.

0 Likes