Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S20 OS Update August 2021

(Topic created on: 28-08-2021 11:57 AM)
Urbanraceman
Apprentice
Options

2 days ago on 25th August I had an OS update and installed it sucessfully - according to the install feedback.

However, since the update, a pop up window related to Google Chats has started appearing every few minutes.

It does not matter which app I am actually using it just keeps coming back. It stops music and video, comes up whilst typing messages and using the internet.

It does not matter whether I select 'Agree' or 'Use without chat features' - it's driving me crazy and I cannot find a way to stop it.

Anyone know how to stop this?Screenshot_20210827-192701_Google Play services.jpg

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
Easty
Big Cheese
Options
Uninstall Google chats ?
Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Plus 5g
Samsung Tab S6 Lte 256gb
Samsung Galaxy Watch
0 Likes
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
0 Likes
Urbanraceman
Apprentice
Options

Hi, I don't have Google Chats installed, at least I cannot find t on the apps list.

0 Likes
Urbanraceman
Apprentice
Options

Thanks, just followed that thread through, when I go to More Connections I don't have an option to turn off chats but then I don't think it's installed, I cannot find it in the apps list.

Looks like the other user's problem magically went away after a week or so?

AndrewL
Options

@Urbanraceman: Can you take a look at some of the troubleshooting steps offered in the link below to see if you have any luck? 

Help please - "Google chat" spam - Samsung Community

0 Likes
Busby63
Explorer
Options
None of steps mentioned have worked! I do not have option to disable Chat features in Google I do not use Chat, in Messages the Chat features option is Greyed out!
0 Likes
Solution
Urbanraceman
Apprentice
Options

@AndrewL  @Easty  @Fiona26

I read through the thread linked by AndrewL but I do not have an option to disable chat from Message Settings.

I have spent a fair while communicating with my service provider who suggested going into Settings>General Management>Reset>Reset Network Settings and then restarting the phone. (make sure you know your wi-fi passwords, had a minor wobble there.).

When this didn't work the advisor sugested uninstalling the OS !! Yeah right. I refused to do this and the help session ended.

Maybe 10 minutes later I get a text from my Service Provider;-

Screenshot_20210828-115122_Messages.jpg

So I've rebooted the phone and (fingers crossed) I've had a couple of hours without the pop up window appearing.

So it may be worth a call to your service provider if you are (still) experiencing issues @Busby63 .

I will update here if I stay pop-up free for 24hrs.

Urbanraceman
Apprentice
Options

@AndrewL  @Fiona26   @Easty   @Busby63

24 hours have passed and no recurrence of the annoying pop-up so I'm thinking I have it sorted.

Thanks again for your help.

JPSV
Journeyman
Options

Hi, have you experienced problems with a keyboard after this update? I have severe issues with typing in all apps after I installed the update.

Keyboard lags almost with every word you type, sometimes it doesn't recognize the touch (or does not output any letter even if you press once or twice) or suddenly it prints like three or four same letters. Very annoying! I have rebooted the phone and switched the keyboard, but it didn't help.

I have tested the touchscreen itself with an app, but it seem to work fine.

0 Likes