Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New chat features pops up 9 times an hour

(Topic created on: 18-08-2021 11:49 AM)
More10S
Apprentice
Options

I installed the latest software update (G986BXXU9DUH2) on my Galaxy S20+ 5G (SM-G986B) and ever since a popup (Faster, richer, higher-quality chat on Wi-Fi or data) appears 9 times an hour in front of anything I'm doing... It does not matter if I reject or accept it, what to do?

Screenshot_20210818-123512_Google Play services.jpgScreenshot_20210818-123621_Software update.jpg

23 REPLIES 23
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
Have you tried turning it off in connection settings then go to more connections settings. Turn chat off there. See if it stops the continuous pop up. If you want chat features try clearing the messages app cache. If continues clear data. See if that fixes the issue.
Blessed4life
Black Belt 
Options
Hi, or you could just agree with the chat features & be done with it, I did.
0 Likes
More10S
Apprentice
Options

It does not matter if I reject or accept it, it still pops up 9 times an hour. But even if I reject it it should not keep popping up... 

0 Likes
More10S
Apprentice
Options

I don't have a chat option in:

Settings > Connections > More Connection Settings

Clearing cache did not help 😞

More10S
Apprentice
Options

I talked to Samsung and they gave the same advice as  and then suggested I contact Google. The popups then suddenly stopped at the beginning of this week :smiling-face:

KEW22
Student
Options

I am having the exact same issue and can't rectify it....I also don't have the settings like you......I was driving today and it kept knocking off my sat navigation which was a nightmare!! Any other.....(it just popped up as I was typing....) ideas how to get rid?? 

Chey3nne
First Poster
Options

Like the guys said, it doesn't matter whether or not you agree with the chat features. It still comes back.

geekywilly
Pioneer
Options

God I'm having the same issue! It won't stop. 

Anyone have a fix other than never using another samsung phone again?

0 Likes
geekywilly
Pioneer
Options

How did you contact Google? Do you have a support contact? Thanks!

0 Likes