Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Original topic:

S20 not receiving notifications and ringtone is really quiet

(Topic created on: 15/11/20 13:29)
jamiewakefield
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
When my phone is in my pocket and I get a call, the ringtone is so quiet and dull that I keep missing calls, but if I leave it facing upwards on the worktop it is perfectlyloud and clear. Also I am not receiving txt notifications at all even though all the settings for sound and vibrations are set to the max.

Has anyone else experienced this with the Samsung S20?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
AndrewL
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

@jamiewakefield: If you head to Settings > Sounds and Vibration > Volume, is your Ringtone slider at a suitable level? For your text notifications, open the Messages app > Tap the 3 dots in the top right > Settings > Notifications > General Notifications > Alert (on) > Show as Pop Up (On) > Sound (select your preferred notification sound) > Vibrate (On). Go back, and do the same for New Messages, and hopefully this will resolve your issue. Let me know how you get on. 

View solution in context

4 REPLIES 4
Solution
AndrewL
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

@jamiewakefield: If you head to Settings > Sounds and Vibration > Volume, is your Ringtone slider at a suitable level? For your text notifications, open the Messages app > Tap the 3 dots in the top right > Settings > Notifications > General Notifications > Alert (on) > Show as Pop Up (On) > Sound (select your preferred notification sound) > Vibrate (On). Go back, and do the same for New Messages, and hopefully this will resolve your issue. Let me know how you get on. 

View solution in context

IamJai
Smooth Operator
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
I have downloaded the 2018 Over the horizon because it is REALLY LOUD.
0 Likes
samson99
Back for More
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
tried a restart
could help?
0 Likes
jamiewakefield
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
believe it or not the restart did it. lol. how embarrassing