Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with email on Galaxy S20

(Topic created on: 04-03-2023 05:03 AM)
Willum08
Journeyman
Options

Hi, I've just upgraded my phone to a Galaxy S20 and I'm having a problem when using the Samsung email app.  Looking In the settings menu, there are the following entries :

email address, username, incoming server, security type (SSl) Port (993) outgoing server(TLS) ,

Port (587), require authentication to sen emails (selected) But..   There does not appear anywhere to enter my email password........ Can anyone please help me to find a way to enter my email Password ?     Thank You..

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
StuartR
Troubleshooter
Options
When you add an account you should only need to enter your email address and password which should be the only 2 boxes that appear, there should be no need to enter server and port details.

0 Likes
Willum08
Journeyman
Options

Thank you for your Reply StuartR - much appreciated. I'm not trying to add a new account... I've had to change my password for my (live.co.uk) email account. I've changed it OK on my laptop and everything is working fine there, but on my mobile phone I cannot send emails on my live.co.uk account... I can however receive emails on that account on my phone which seems strange, since I would expect that I would need a valid password to do so....... There just does not seem to be any way to enter a password in the Settings page..... just the details as I listed above.... When I try to send a test email on my phone, I get a message "Couldn't Send" plus "Couldn't Authenticate account", The Password or authentication method may be incorrect. Check your outgoing server settings, then try again. Clicking on the 'Settings' option just shows the screen as listed in my original post. The Outgoing Server is set to smtp-mail.outlook.com , which is the same as that set on my Laptop and that works OK.  Any further ideas  please ?.......

0 Likes
nickyMez
First Poster
Options
I have this too, have you found a solution yet ?
0 Likes
Beachys
First Poster
Options

I have this same issue and I have been fighting with everyone to figure out why. DId you find a solution?

0 Likes
Members_iMjGMdf
First Poster
Options

No.. Still no solution to this annoying problem... 

0 Likes
Members_iMjGMdf
First Poster
Options

No solution despite searching several sources of indormation....   Fed Up !!!

0 Likes