Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Original Photos Disappear After Saving an Edited Version

(Topic created on: 22-12-2020 09:40 PM)
chuckjbt
Apprentice
Options

I accepted an update to my phone yesterday, and now when I edit any photos, the original disappears. It's not even in the trash. It's just gone. It never did this before. Indeed, I could edit a photo or crop it etc... a hundred times and save it and it would never eliminate the previous version of the photo. Is there a setting somewhere that needs to be reset??

Go to solution
98 REPLIES 98
GrahamRounce
First Poster
Options

My "Save Copy" does nothing whatsoever. It doesn't even react to the click.

Khussein78
First Poster
Options

Thanks dear. It worked out!

0 Likes
alecia3220
Apprentice
Options

Anytime you open a photo in the gallery there will be 4 icons at the bottom...A

1. ♥️ (Heart) - Add to favorites

2. ✏️ (Pencil) - Editor 

3. 📤 (Less than sign with 3 dots at each point) - Share

4. 🚮 (Trash can) - Move item to trash

Once you're in the editor and want to save the photo as a copy you click the 3 dots in the right hand corner and click save copy.

Hope this helps you and anyone else... I love the editor... I just wish they would add more features instead of messing up the stuff that was already working good.

Filu63
First Poster
Options
I take hours of video footage so that I can cut out the boring bits then edit it back together again...Now, after saving, say, the first 3 mins, I now suddenly can't just go back to original to save the bit *after* the boring bit, because original has gone! Not even in recycle bin. Why have they made it so clunky to use?!
Catoutdoors
Journeyman
Options
Its just to save space on your device or SD card. As NsProd has said previously If you click on the three dots before saving it and tap 'save copy' it will save your original photo and the copy the way it was done previous. If you have already saved the photo and lost your original you can cluck in 'revert image' and it will bring the original back. It seems complicated but it becomes habit very quickly. Hope this helps.
Catoutdoors
Journeyman
Options
Thank you for your help. It all seems easy now !!
0 Likes
AbiJ
First Poster
Options
Hi Mine doesn't let me click on "save a copy" when I go in edit mode. have I done something accidentally? I can't figure it out. thanks
Dee Tee
First Poster
Options

Great advice and it worked!!  Thank you so very much!  :smiling-face: 

L-amourna
Journeyman
Options

I've just updated my Galaxy from the S5 Neo to the A12 and I've had exactly the same issue! Which is what's brought me here to this forum of course ! I'm forever editing pics, adding filters and changing the brightness etc, and have always just taken for granted the original pic being in the folder, and the new versions in my Photo Editor album. It's freaking me totally out !!!! 

L-amourna
Journeyman
Options

I understand what you're saying the reason is, but personally I would rather have the option to delete the original image manually.