Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Original Photos Disappear After Saving an Edited Version

(Topic created on: 23-12-2020 12:46 AM)
chuckjbt
Apprentice
Options

I accepted an update to my phone yesterday, and now when I edit any photos, the original disappears. It's not even in the trash. It's just gone. It never did this before. Indeed, I could edit a photo or crop it etc... a hundred times and save it and it would never eliminate the previous version of the photo. Is there a setting somewhere that needs to be reset??

98 REPLIES 98
Dunkel
Pioneer
Options
it now just edits the main photo without creating a new one, if you open the editor again on the edited image you can revert it to the original at any time
chuckjbt
Apprentice
Options

Yeah, but not once you save it. I want the original and the edited photo--the way it's always been. Some photos I have multiple versions, some cropped, some written on, some altered. It was never an issue before. I appreciate the response though.

Dunkel
Pioneer
Options
within a file manager like Solid Explorer you can create multiple copies of the image, and then within gallery edit each one as you wish while being able to go back to each one and do additional changes at any time
0 Likes
Solution
Lykia
MegaStar
Options

Hey, before saving the photo you edited, just click on the 3 dots (upper right corner) and click on "Save Copy" that should result in 2 images in your gallery after saving. (1 Edited and 1 Original)

ᐯIEᒪE GᖇÜßE, ᒪYKIᗩ
Ike0
Student
Options

Thanks NdProd - That works! It's a shame that now we need to do extra steps for something that was automatic.  Please note that if you modify a picture and go back 24hrs after saving it. The "Revert" option is no longer available. So if you didn't know or forgot to save a copy. You will not have a way to get the original back. That's what happened to me 24hrs later the "Revert" option gets grayed out or disabled.  I've looked for settings and couldn't find a way to auto save a copy. At least not that I could find. Samsung had it right before the upgrade. Why fix something that wasn't broken. 🤔 

SJW
Journeyman
Options

I have recently discovered this problem too and want things to revert to how they were.  In addition to only saving the edited copy after saving,  it leaves the edited version where it was,  rather than saving the edited version to the current date.  There should be an option to change both!  😭

Avaly13
First Poster
Options

Thank God!! Total pain in the ars but it works at least! Very frustrating that they made this change!!

musicblind
First Poster
Options

I make multiple versions of images, and it was so convenient to have copies automatically save.

I liked the old photo editor, please revert back.

strawberry cake
Hotshot
Options

@chuckjbt 

brilliant @Nsprod

haha simple magic → tap 3 dots → Save Copy 🤣

(\_/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") strawberry cake so delicious

0 Likes