Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Original Photos Disappear After Saving an Edited Version

(Topic created on: 22-12-2020 09:40 PM)
chuckjbt
Apprentice
Options

I accepted an update to my phone yesterday, and now when I edit any photos, the original disappears. It's not even in the trash. It's just gone. It never did this before. Indeed, I could edit a photo or crop it etc... a hundred times and save it and it would never eliminate the previous version of the photo. Is there a setting somewhere that needs to be reset??

Go to solution
98 REPLIES 98
Gypsyspirit
First Poster
Options

How do you revert it to prig8nal from edited version?  Please give details

0 Likes
Gypsyspirit
First Poster
Options

Where is revert?

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Gypsyspirit: If you have edited an image, and hit 'Save' (as opposed to tapping the 3 dots in the top right and selecting 'Save as copy'), then select the edited image, tap the pencil symbol at the bottom of the screen to enter Edit mode, and tap 'Revert' at the top of the screen, above the image. I hope this helps. 

0 Likes
Wozzawozza
First Poster
Options
If it's to save space on your device, how come you can revert to the original.. That's surely saved somewhere on the phone anyway..
0 Likes
morsbydogzon
First Poster
Options

I am having the same problem, Idk what to do it is very annoying @samsung

0 Likes
Picture Perfect
First Poster
Options

So how do you retrieve your original photo, its not in the trash. Where did it go?

0 Likes
Redandbluenights
First Poster
Options

Actually, yes, you can revert to the original even after you save the edited version, it's on the top right of the image if you click "edit" again. You can change it back to the original at any time. 

But as someone else said, you need to specifically choose "save edit as copy" now to get the old functionally. 

0 Likes
Suzisunshine
First Poster
Options
I got the original photo back!! As Maajed advised you can revert it. Go back to to the picture you saved and click edit. It will ask you if you want to revert back to the original photo. Click yes!! Omg so glad I found the solution. Been pulling my hair out lol. Trying to get original photo back!! As it use to save a copy but not anymore. Thank for advice on here!!
0 Likes
DJR
Student
Options

I AGREE, WHY THE F@CK  DID SAMSUNG TAKE  THE REVERT OPTION AWAY FROM US?  THEY SHOW US THE "REVERT OPTION BUT NOW IT'S GREYED OUT. 

FBM

Yes I already know that I can save as a copy but I wasn't made aware that I can no longer revert the copies back to original. 

SAMSUNG BETTER "REVERT" THIS OPTIONS BACK TO US IN A NEW UPDATE ASAFP.

Ranting...

0 Likes