Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

My Wi-Fi keeps turning off all of a sudden...

(Topic created on: 03-08-2022 11:21 AM)
lpkeates
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
I don't have any apps that can turn off the Wi-Fi itself, but even if my Wi-Fi router (at home) is fine, it just to turns the Wi-Fi off automatically on my phone. This has happened a few days ago, and my phone is up to date. Regardless, nothing is in "Wi-Fi control history", and I don't have the "Wi-Fi power saving mode" option. I don't know what could be done in the developer options, but if you have a clue, please let me know.
0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
Dandy__
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
Hi IPkeates happen even to my S22 but it's not your phone it's a connection issue between phone an WiFi do sometimes even your phone is resetting your WiFi to clear some cache or sometimes it's a bad connection between phone and WiFi
Mirulmaar
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Same with my S20FE.

I turned off "Switch To Mobile Data" option. Maybe this will help.

Mirulmaar
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Nope 😞 it didn't work

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

@lpkeates: To begin with, please try resetting your router by unplugging it at the wall for 30 seconds, then plugging it in and powering it back on, then restart your Galaxy S20 to address any temporary software issues that might be a contributing factor. Following the reset, head to Settings > Connections > Wi-Fi > Tap the 3 dots in the top right > Advanced, and switch off 'Turn on Wi-Fi automatically'.

If the issue occurs while you're using a certain app then please try heading to Settings > Connections > Data usage > Mobile data only apps, and check to see if any apps are listed here that might be disabling your Wi-Fi when in use. Also, head to Settings > Advanced features > Bixby routines, to see if any routines are set up that might disable your Wi-Fi under certain conditions, or that turn on features that disable Wi-Fi, such as Flight Mode. 

0 Likes