Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Making calls

(Topic created on: 27-02-2022 04:56 PM)
lynchy95
Explorer
Options
Hi, Connor here. 
Just have a quick question to all those that use the standard S20 in the UK. Ever since the 3 big storms that we had, I've lost the ability to make calls. Also, my phone is no longer giving me WiFi calling in any shape or form. 
Was just wondering if anyone else was experiencing anything similar to me, or can give me any tips/ideas on how to possibly resolve this? 
Thanks in advance 🙂
0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
AndrewL
Options

@lynchy95: Are you still able to send/receive texts, and receive inbound calls? Can you try switching off Wi-Fi, powering off your Galaxy S20, removing the SIM, powering back on, then inserting the SIM. Following these step, head to the Phone app > Tap the 3 dots > Settings, and check to see if Wi-Fi Calling is available to toggle on. To further troubleshoot the issue, head to Settings > Connections > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names > Tap the 3 dots in the top right > Reset To Default > Back > Network Operators > Select Automatically. If you're still unable to make outbound calls, you may wish to head to Settings > General Management > Reset > Reset Network Settings, although please be aware that this will reset all network settings, including Wi-Fi and Bluetooth. 

I also recommend reaching out to your network provider to see if there are any issues with your account, or with the service in your area. If you have a Pay As You Go contract, make sure you have enough credit to use outbound network services. 

0 Likes
lynchy95
Explorer
Options
Hi Andrew.
Yes I'm still able to send/receive texts.
When I go into the phone app setting, there is no option for WiFi call there at all anymore: has just disappeared. And I've already tried quite a few times to try everything else that you suggested, so I'm not really sure what is going on
0 Likes
Jon7703
Pioneer
Options
Try resetting your WiFi router, then actually remove your current WiFi settings on the phone. Then connect again (as if an initial WiFi setup on your phone). This will clear all the clag and hopefully give you a clean WiFi signal and the ability to use WiFi calling again. Hope this helps
0 Likes
lynchy95
Explorer
Options
Thanks for that, mate.
I have literally just done a full settings reset and that's done nothing at all, unfortunately.
0 Likes