Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Galaxy S20 128GB - internal storage problem

(Topic created on: 05-01-2021 04:38 PM)
Paul200881
First Poster
Options

Just bought a new one and when I try to transfer data from from my S10 (also 128GB) the S20 storage is full before the transfer can complete. Right at the start of the process it jumps straight to 122GB used. I have tried factory reset twice and both times it wiped the storage, both times when I tried to transfer, the same thing happened. 

I wiped it again and tried downloading each of my apps individually on the S20 from the store, I downloaded about 10 apps and then once again it said not enough storage. When I check the storage page it shows 122/125GB used but the breakdown below shows only 1.6GB of storage being used by apps and nothing in any of the other categories! 

Going nuts here, can anyone help?

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Where did you purchase the phone?
0 Likes
Paul200881
First Poster
Options

I bought it from ebay but it was a new handset, not previously used.

0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Thanks. Can you go to Google Play, download load an app called DevCheck, open it and click on the hardware tab and let me know what processor is shown. Also, on the same page scroll down to Storage and let me know what it says. Thanks
0 Likes
Paul200881
First Poster
Options

Hi, it says Processor 28nm

Storage says Site 128GB, I/O scheduler cfq, readahead 128kb

Thanks

0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Can you confirm the name of the processor?
0 Likes
Paul200881
First Poster
Options

Sorry, its called Mediatek MT6580WP

0 Likes
Solution
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Sorry to say but the device is a fake. Quite often they have very little storage. That raised my suspicions. The DevCheck app confirmed the processor is a Mediatek which Samsung do not use. The chip should be either Snapdragon or Exynos. You should report this to EBay and start the ball rolling to get a refund.
Paul200881
First Poster
Options

Wow! OK, thanks for letting me know, I'll do that.

0 Likes
Paul200881
First Poster
Options

Just wanted to say thank you again for your help. I reported it to ebay and I should have a refund with 9 days. I could have been lumbered with that thing if it wasn't for you 😁

0 Likes