Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to connect USB drive

(Topic created on: 25-02-2024 09:46 AM)
matrixstar
Explorer
Options

I have an adapter through which I can connect my USB stick to USB C. When I plugin into my S10+ I get absolutely nothing - it doesn't recognise.

I've got a old LG phone, it works fine there. When I connect I get a popup asking what I want to do - I then choose storage, then I can access the USB drive and copy files both ways. 

I saw an old post in 2020 on Samsung forums where someone had the same problem. But they got a pop up notifying of connection and asking what they wanted to do. For them, to connect as a storage device was greyed out. I don't get anything, it's like the USB device isn't even detected. 

I saw a video on YouTube, where someone suggest getting into developer mode to access what looks like the option I want. Surely (if it does work) one shouldn't have to 'hack' the phone to get access? 🤷‍♂️ 

Or am I missing something? 

Thanks. 

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
DatBoiG265
First Poster
Options
Check if the connection is loose with or without the case on and try using another file explorer like zarchiver to see if it's just my files being buggy
matrixstar
Explorer
Options

Thanks for the reply. 

No loose connection. 

I've tried zarchiver

And Google file Explorer. 

I have a very new adapter that I use in my car. I tried that in addition to the first adapter. 

No luck still. 

I've followed instructions and enabled Developer Option to then get a menu where I can tick the default behaviour when a USB stick is plugged in. I chose both file moving and image moving (I forget the exact naming), the root problem is that the phone doesn't detect the USB drive. 

Now very annoyed 😕 

Any other ideas anyone? 

Surely I can't be the only one suffering? 

0 Likes
Nathan101
First Poster
Options

I am also having the same problem

MY USB adapter was working fine and now all of a sudden the phone connects and disconnects when I insert the thing. Nothing issue working on Resolving the issue. Any ideas people? 

0 Likes
Niko55
First Poster
Options

I have s21.  Have similar problems. USB adapter works on other phones. Not on mine.  It used to 3 days ago.  Usb cable to computer still works.  Tried Samsung help no solution so far. Phone does not recognise external usb for some reason.

0 Likes