Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing email folders

(Topic created on: 09-09-2019 07:56 AM)
ClaireIreland
First Poster
Options

I transferred everything from my S9 to my new S10 and my email folders didnt show.

I deleted and reinstalled the email app and some of my email folders are still missing.

The ones showing are empty so I cannot accesa saved emails?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
easybrowser
Explorer
Options

Thanks for that feedback. In my case, I removed my email account then added it back again and all of my folders were there again. I had already tried this but it hadn't worked but I thought I'd try it again and, this time, it did.

View solution in context

0 Likes
29 REPLIES 29
AndrewL
Options
@ClaireIreland: This may be related to your Email Sync Period, therefore to troubleshoot the issue please open your Email app > Tap the 3 lines in the top left > Tap the cog in the top right of the pop up window > Select your email account > Email Sync Period - this defaults at 2 weeks, so you may wish to opt for 'All Time' to allow you access to your archived emails. Hope this helps.
send2debz
Student
Options

I have the same problem and have re installed several times with no luck :9 did you find a solution ?

0 Likes
DebFitz66
First Poster
Options

I just purchased a Samsung Galaxy s10+. I also had this same issue with my s7.  I added my AOL account to the email app, I am in "email folders to sync", and a number of my folders are missing from the list - Why? And they're just sporadic - meaning, not like it is the last 10 folders missing. It's awful since I need to retireve info from all of my folders.

send2debz
Student
Options
I reinstalled several times, now I only have 3 of the generic folders showing in other folders, and I cant even access the inbox if I am offline, hopeless 😞 trying to find another email app that allows offline access
0 Likes
Sonette
First Poster
Options

I have a similar problem with my S10. I put the battery in maximum power saving mode. When I returned to optimized battery power my saved email folder is gone. Any ideas? 

0 Likes
Members_Pg45r7O
First Poster
Options

I have just read your advice as I am having the same issue with emails disappearing as the OP. I've no idea what it all means, but your suggestion worked. I've just changed my sync settings to 'all time' and all the ones that had disappeared in my personal folders have reappeared. Thank you

0 Likes
IgorJurukov
First Poster
Options

Hold on the icon inbox, it will appear "create new folder". Do a new one. After that new one will be at the place with all others.

easybrowser
Explorer
Options

Firstly, I'm a computer programmer and have been for over 40 years and I have been pulling my hair out over this issue. My workaround has been to install BlueMail and use it whenever I need to go into my imap folders (and I have a lot of these).

I just tried what you said - holding on my inbox icon and creating a folder - but it didn't magically make all of my other imap folders start showing up. Thanks for the idea though.

0 Likes
easybrowser
Explorer
Options

Some reading this may wonder why I don't just start using BlueMail instead of the native Samsung S10 email. The reason is that the native Samsung email has some excellent picture resizing options when emailing pictures and I haven't been able to locate any other Android email programs that do as good of a job. Nor any of those 3rd party applications you can use for resizing pictures being attached to an email.

0 Likes