I've just updated my S10+ to Android 12 (G975FXXUEGVA2) and all of my apps which were configured previously as "Full Screen" are no longer shown full screen.
I use e.g. "Z Launcher" which worked perfectly in "Full Screen" mode in Android 10 and Android 11. After upgrade to Android 12 (One UI 4.0), "full screen" setting has lost its effect. Regardless of what is configured in "Full Screen apps", apps are not shown in full screen.
I tried setting and resetting. I tried clearing app cache - no effect.
I will appreciate any ideas how to get this fixed.
After extensive searching over many months I have finally found what appears to be a mostly acceptable replacement option. After about a day of use and customisation I am so far very happy with it.
AUG Launcher (couple of $) with the Hanger widget.
- Scribbles can be customised/edited.
- Scribbles can be anything.
- Widgets can be placed (and operate well) under the scribble area.
- Way more customisation options.
- Supports icon packs.
- Recommended apps in Hanger can be based on time used or times opened, but do not change with the time of day.
- Scribbles are only one letter
- Search results are not as pretty
This is not helpful mate. I'm asking for solution or workaround to a specifc problem and you are saying "Your Toyota doesn't work, get Boeing". I don't want to give up Z Launcher. I can still use it with all it's features. It's just not covering the entire screen. This is minor inconvenience and you are saying "here you have other launcher" which doesn't even work like Z Launcher.