Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Upgrade Programme - Klarna Issues again

(Topic created on: 08-08-2020 04:56 PM)
OllieN
Explorer
Options

Hi there,

Is anyone else having issues signing up to the upgrade programme through Klarna? It initially approved the credit but at the final checkout stage said 'Please try another card' when trying to make the initial upfront payment. We tried 5 different cards but none of them worked. We figured the site must have been experiencing technical issues so left it to try again later.

Since then, it won't even get us to that stage, it just says 'your purchase option isn't approved'. So now it appears there's no way for me to join the upgrade programme. 

(3 members of my family, all of which have very good credit scores with the two reference agencies that Klarna use and have never had credit refused before - also can't get it to work). I called Klarna but to say they were unhelpful would be an understatement.

Hoping that someone from Samsung can step in here and get this sorted. I'd be interested to see how many orders have been lost to Klarna's poor technical implementation. 

EDIT- Just to add, it seems this isn't the first time Klarna has caused problems. Some of the comments on this thread are suspiciously similar to what I've experienced. You'd have hoped it would have been fixed in the 6 months since.... - https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-s20-s20-s20-ultra/s20-upgrade-lounge-issues/td-p/1556960/...

36 REPLIES 36
debully
Pioneer
Options

Yup just been on hold for 20 mins to get an operator who said she couldn’t help.  Tried 3 new browsers 3 different networks. Already a member of the upgrade scheme and have a phone with klarna and Samsung. Just get spinning icon during checkout.

Samsung support useless. Klarna useless. I’m off to buy an iPhone 12.

0 Likes
v J a C k H z
First Poster
Options

I'm also having a similar problem with Klarna and the Upgrade programme. I have been trying for the last two days to upgrade to the S21 Ultra, but keep getting a pop up after I fill in my details saying my purchase cannot be accepted, despite already being a member of the Upgrade Program and Klarna! I have tried multiple devices and multiple browsers and still get the same pop-up...

My last two Samsung phones have been purchased using the upgrade programme and Klarna (including my current S20 Ultra), and I have an excellent credit rating, so there is obviously an issue with either Klarna or the Samsung Website. 

I am now going to lose out on the pre-order gifts through no fault of my own! Samsung seriously need to take a look into this before they lose a lot of loyal customers, and the pre-order bonus should be extended for those affected.

0 Likes
Stepster
Student
Options

And another. It's certainly the last time I purchase directly from Samsung. They're utterly useless! Exactly the same problem, an S20 Ultra 5G bought using the Upgrade Programme which Klarna are now declining to extend. I'm going to get my new phone from EE instead now, but it seems reasonable for Samsung to still offer to take back the S20 and close the existing credit agreement (as the upgrade programme allows) but they're refusing. 

A warning to all future potential customers - these offer deals are empty and worthless. Avoid a direct purchase at your peril.

debully
Pioneer
Options
contacted klarna who said they'll elevate to tier 2 and respond within 2 days. by which time the offers will have gone.
0 Likes
Essap
First Poster
Options
I'm having the same issues just now, so i rang Samsung and they said there's an issue with the upgrade site and to try again tomorrow
0 Likes
Out With Dan
Student
Options

Yes, same issue, called Klarna and they said it was because i have not purchased anything with Klarna before so they will not approve me... What a load of *****...

Well done Samsung for choosing the worst payment platform to process your payment... such a let down.

0 Likes
Members_jycIVOE
First Poster
Options

Klarna are ***** and so is Samsung for their customer service. I have been trying to upgrade for months now and the weird thing is my upgrade costs less than my original phone I got through the upgrade scheme and have a very good credit score per experian but samsung and klarna can't help me. I guess they just want to take my money thats all, nothing else matters. It is just take maximum from customers and don't bother when things that make sense but means less money. I am done with both, iPhone is the way at least the service is much better!

0 Likes