Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Upgrade Program - choice of model too limited

(Topic created on: 14-08-2021 06:54 PM)
rlm
Journeyman
Options

I have the Note 20 Ultra and I am in the Samsung Upgrade Program.

I would have upgraded to the Note 21 Ultra at this point, if it had been produced. Instead, I am offered the Fold3 or Flip3.

As camera functionality is very important to me, neither of these phones is of interest, but I would like to upgrade to the S21 Ultra. 

Does anyone know how I can do this? I have spoken with Samsung Shop Support but that resulted in promises and nothing further.  Meaningful contact with Samsung seems to be virtually impossible.

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Check the Terms of your upgrade status @rlm but as far as I'm aware you can elect to upgrade to a new eligible phone once you've had your current phone for 12 months.

I appreciate however the flip and fold phone's are not on everyone's want list.

What did Samsung support “ promise ”

I don't think they can add a phone that's not on the option list.

Unfortunately the team here can't help with this type of support your after and as such please persevere with the Samsung Support Team you've already contacted.

Many like you and myself have missed the new Note not being released this year.  😞

Now we'll have to await to see if a new Note or Note  / s series hybrid phone is released.

I wish you all the best with this. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

rlm
Journeyman
Options

Thanks @BandOfBrothers, I appreciate the response.

Of course Samsung did not commit to any sort of contract that would actually bind them to anything at all  😉 .

But dismissing loyal customers (if joining the upgrade program doesn't show loyalty I don't know what does) with a flip (pun intended) "no, we're not producing a model in that upgrade program so if you want to continue in it you'll have to have the style of phone we want you to buy" does not endear them to me.

Samsung make the rules - they could very easily accept that they have let the Note community down and let us upgrade to the flagship phone that most closely meets out needs. In my case it's the cameras of the S21 Ultra.

Perhaps this the jolt that some of need to make us rethink which phone (not which Samsung phone) best meets our requirements, and in my case there are a couple with superb cameras.

BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Thank you @rlm 

This is one of the reasons I purchase my phone's outright from Samsung UK or from Samsung Hong Kong, because then I can choose the phone I want to choose and not what's available in the eligibility list from the upgrade programme.

I appreciate not everyone has the disposable income to do this.

I personally save throughout the year to be able to purchase my phone of choice.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes