Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replacement of Note 20 Ultra

(Topic created on: 16-09-2020 05:00 PM)
Beksovy
Explorer
Options

I have arranged with the Samsung to replace my Note 20 ultra due to overheating issues and really poor battery life (3-4 SOT). Initially I was told that the process would take approximately 3 days, so I agreed for the phone to be exchanged. The handset was collected yesterday by DPD courier and I received an e-mail today with the confirmation of the parcel being delivered and received by Samsung. Just to double check on the leading time I gave them a call to find out that the replacement may take up to 10 days due to the fact that the handset needs to be checked and tested before the replacement can be sent. 

This is what you call Samsung experience??? Currently, I'm without the phone and the money that I paid for the Note 20 and instead of Samsung do everything in their power to turn my negative experience, they choose not to stick to their word and leave me without the phone for such a long time. This "experience" has completely ruined my excitement about the new phone; it is an absolute joke, appalling, disgusting. 

I would say if you considering the replacement of your phone with Samsung, don't do it! Just return the phone and find another company that cares about their clients!

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
kradcliffe
Voyager
Options

And to make matters worse you can't get an exchange for an online order in one of their stores either... you have to go through all the hassle of sending back as you have done. 

Some "experience" eh? 

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Beksovy 

10 days approximately turnaround to test the phone and get another out  ! 

Yet I can place a sale now and get it delivered tomorrow or the day after at the latest. It's a shame they can't do a doorstep swap or let you visit a Samsung Experience Store to swap it out.

Thing is when a person just sends back the phone as a change of mind then it can take 5-10 days for a refund which is what I'm doing.

I'd suggest to email the Samsung Online Shop Team via @samsunguk.zendesk.com although they can take 4-5 days to respond due to many of them still being at home due to COVID-19. 

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

onechunk
Journeyman
Options

Same issue here. I’ve sent mine in as defective and asked for a replacement.

They said it will take 3 working days for quarantine and 3-5 working days to get a replacement sent to me. No good as now I don’t have a phone for a week or so!

Why can’t Samsung do something similar to other companies who temporarily charge your card and send a new phone out while they asses what you’ve sent back. Not great customer service.

BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I assume not everyone has the disposable income to do that @onechunk 

Maybe a doorstep swap would be nice but what happens if Samsung get the phone back and deem the issue is an accidental bump or water damage.

This is why they want it back first to rest it I believe.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Jasonseery
Helping Hand
Options
its the exynos chip its a huge issue and the note 20 is a disaster, against my advise my sister got one and 10 days in she charges it 3 times a day, it gets under 3 hours battery life, it over heats on games and the camera is not great, a refund id be getting especially which such poor care when you've an issue, scamsung
0 Likes
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
I received my first note 20 ultra with a mark. it was picked up by DPD on the 24th and they received it on the 25th. I had a new replacement delivered on the 1st September. so it may be sooner then the 10 days.
onechunk
Journeyman
Options

Very true @BandOfBrothers, not everyone would want to, but they could offer it if you needed your phone urgently.

Doorstep exchange would be ideal, maybe they can check it there and then. Otherwise allow for exchanges in the store like Apple do. The last time I exchanged a phone at the Apple Store, they just checked my Apple ID and very briefly looked at the phone.

I think there's some hidden software diagnosis that happens on the iPhone and binds to your account. Something similar also happens in the Samsung Members app IIRC.

0 Likes