Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

One UI 5.1 disastrous update..

(Topic created on: 03-03-2023 10:46 AM)
Members_PDosMOa
Student
Options

I regret updating to 5.1 on my Note 20 ultra 5G, completely ruined my device. Had some minor issues after the 5.0 update but I was not prepared for something like that! Data reception completely broken, refused to connect on 4G/5G, for Wifi need to be in the same room with the rooter otherwise the signal drops every now and then, same with wireless reception where I used to have 3-5 bars now it's 1-2, if I'm lucky.

Battery goes faster, charging is slower. The device is over 2 years old,  I understand how things work however this is unacceptable. I was hoping to keep the device until the end of the year, now I'm forced to get a new one. My phone is an important tool for my work , I need to have 100% trust , but now I have lost most of it.   

37 REPLIES 37
nowdeleted
Big Cheese
Options
I've had no problems with s21 since updating it.
Connects to WiFi. Battery better than it was .. get upto 3 days out of one charge.
No issues with any of the apps that are installed, but there have been quite a lot of updates.
0 Likes
Christo19862010
Pioneer
Options
He has a note 20
0 Likes
nowdeleted
Big Cheese
Options
5.1 update seems to be a big issue with some members
Solution
MNas04
Helping Hand
Options
Have you tried wiping the cache partition on the phone. As I understand it was a big update on my A53. If that doesn't work. Then try optimising your device
Members_PDosMOa
Student
Options

I've just purchased S23 ultra as my main daily driver device.. As soon as I transfer my crypto wallets, bank apps etc to the new one, just out of curiosity I will do a factory reset on the device to see if it will improve anything. I was planning to get the S23 ultra within the year anyway (I was waiting for a possible price drop and preferred to buy after it would get a few firmware updates..),but it just happened a few months ahead. .. oh well.  

0 Likes
SeanSM
First Poster
Options

Agreed, I have a note 20 as well and the 5.1 update erased my APN settings and I’m having multiple issues with connectivity with Wi-Fi as well. The settings say that the phone is connected to wifi / data but no apps are refreshing. I hope this is resolved quickly!

0 Likes
Jbates2
First Poster
Options

Hello, 

I am having the same issues. My camera can not save pictures I took. Will not recognize my sd card, and yes I checked my sd card to different device and it worked. Calls broken. It was working fine before the update.

0 Likes
Kav23
Journeyman
Options
I'm having serious battery drain on my note 20 ultra. When I first updated the phone was refusing to charge so I turned it off to charge. It did eventually, then the battery was draining in like 3 hrs! It's gotten a little better but its still drains ridiculously fast! Samsung needs to sort this! I'm having to have it constantly plugged in
0 Likes
sams_shi
First Poster
Options
same with my, constantly disconnecting from wifi or 5g, apps slowing down, freezing cant connect to network, smartphone is not usable after that s***t update !!!
0 Likes