Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Note 20 5G not connecting to mobile network after One UI 5.1 update

(Topic created on: 01-04-2023 12:50 PM)
lg04
First Poster
Options

Hi, I have a Galaxy Note 20 Ultra 5G mobile and recently got an update to One UI 5.1. Ever since the update, I haven’t been able to connect to my mobile network. Everything was working before the update. I have tried a number of things to get it working including another SIM card, resetting the network settings, wiping the device partition cache and factory resetting the phone. None of these fixed the issue. I know the issue is with the phone update and not the SIM as the the SIM works in other phones. Is there any other fix or workaround available ? Is anyone else having the same issue ?

50 REPLIES 50
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @lg04 

It appears from the troubleshooting you've already tried that your next step would be to send feedback via your Samsung Members app and or visit a Samsung Service Centre. 

If I can be of any further help then please don't hesitate. Take care.  😎 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

AmFan
First Poster
Options

I have the Samsung Galaxy A71 5G UW and also just updated to One UI 5.1 having the exact same issue this week!! I have done everything you have mentioned while on the phone with Samsung support- to no avail. I even switched service providers and my phone will NOT connect to a network, except through wifi calling. Please update with what you find that may help. 

Gmac963
First Poster
Options

SAM Note20 5G just updated April 30th. Right after mobile stopped connecting to the network and could text or make calls :[ . what to do... tried all but resetting to factory settings.

Options

Were you able to solve the problem? Same issue here :c(

0 Likes
Members_ZkNHZYh
Apprentice
Options

Immediately after the update, the network stopped working for me, and instead of a signal, I see two square circles in the upper right corner. I put another card and the same thing, I put the card in another mobile, everything worked. I tried network reboot, factory reset and nothing helped.

Members_ZkNHZYh
Apprentice
Options

Screenshot_20230523_065316_One UI Home.jpg

0 Likes
Members_ZkNHZYh
Apprentice
Options

I'm desperate, I've tried everything possible. Shuffled cards, hard reboot, factory reset - Update shows there even after factory reset. One UI 5.1 - from 1.5.2023

brentnote20
Student
Options

Same thing. Just bought an unlocked Note 20 5g this week; the IMEI code matched both US cellular's and Verizons networks but does not work with either. The network pops on and off regularly and inconsistently. I went through the full gamut of options as the others did on this thread, including the sim cards working in different phones. Also, a diagnostic from UbreakIfix came up with nothing; hardware was all in good condition. This has caused more than an inconvenience.   *Has anyone else checked their Mobile Networks options in the Connections menu from Settings? I am missing a whole list that seemingly is available on other phones, such as no ability to toggle between 5g,4g,3g, etc. The Mobile Networks menu only has *data roaming access / access point names / a greyed out Network Operators / Network extenders. There should be a whole list of more options in the Mobile Networks menu, as seen on others phones.

Zenxixi
First Poster
Options

I'm facing the same issue. 😤