Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wipe cache partition

(Topic created on: 15-04-2022 05:57 AM)
Masser
Voyager
Options
How do I wipe the cache partition on my note 10+ 5g with android 12 installed.
Is wiping it dangerous..is it wise will it help clear lag after recent android 12 update 
22 REPLIES 22
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Hi, wiping the cache partition isn't dangerous. It clears unnecessary files some of which may be corrupt and slowing the device down. It should clear lag and help battery life.

Once you've cleared the cache partition download and run Galaxy App Booster.

To clear the cache partition you need to connect your phone to A PC then Turn off the device. This is important as your device won’t boot to Recovery Mode when it’s on.

Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby / Power key.

Once the Android Recovery screen comes up, release the buttons.

Use the Volume Down button until you are highlighting ‘Wipe cache partition.’

Press the Power button to select ‘Wipe cache partition.’

Use Volume Down to highlight Yes.

Press the Power button to confirm the action to clear the cache.

Wait for a second as the system wipes the cache.

Press the Power button again to reboot the device.

JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Masser  No I think wiping the cache partition is advisable after updates and most experts would recommend it.  should help clear the lag.  No Data is lost but temporary files are  deleted and device should run more smoothly.

Follow these steps if you wish to go ahead:

1. Turn off the device.
  2. Connect To Computer or plug in USB-C Headphones  , Press and hold the Volume Up key and then press and hold the Power key .
  3. When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
  4. An 'Installing system update' message will show for 30 - 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
  5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
  6. Press Power key to select.
  7. Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
  8. When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.

Press the Power key to restart the device

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

Masser
Voyager
Options
Hi thank u for the great advise I'm glad it's not dangerous..I lost ear phone leads that came with the phone a long time ago I so do not have anything to connect to the computer I would usually use Bluetooth...so I guess I'm stumped
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
What about your charger lead?
Masser
Voyager
Options
Charger lead had same USB C Connection..I'd need a USB type on one end to fit my laptop
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Yes, of course, I forgot about that. I still use USB to USBC in the car from a previous device.
Masser
Voyager
Options
Just to say I managed to borrow the proper lead today connect my phone to my laptop and wiped the cache partition..all good now..
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
@Masser oh right,good to hear!

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
Frmichael
First Poster
Options

Why do I need to connect windows? With the USB? It seems to clear it fine without. But I do have a question my device runs really really well after I do this it’s a brand-new device but within an hour then every app that needs data run slow  they will open but it takes forever for the data to to open this is from Chrome to any other app that requires some kind of Internet any ideas? I’ve factor restored it three times.   I have great internet and wireless speeds.  Samsung tech has proved useless.  

0 Likes