Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What 5g technology does the Note 10+5g support?

(Topic created on: 24-04-2022 05:56 AM)
Sabir1
Pioneer
Options
I was thinking of getting the note 10+5g and decided to look up the 5g technology since I once read a comment on reddit/youtube stating that it doesn't have 'full 5g' which made me curious as to what they meant. I came to learn of NSA and SA versions of 5g, with the NSA (5g using the 4g network) being the most common as the initial phase of 5g, and SA (independent 5g network) slowly being introduced in phase 2.

My question is does the phone support 5g standalone (SA)? The exynos modem 5100 doesn't list it on the website, but some forums discuss being able to see SA listed on the service menu of their phone. 

Honestly it would be a shame of it doesn't support it since the whole reason I'm upgrading is for the 5g, and if it is limited to using a 4g network then it would not show its full potential (especially when 4g is already terrible for me).
0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
If 4G is bad, check the signal for 5G in your area of residence and work before investing in a new phone. The only reason I got a 5G one is because I travel a lot for work during the week so can take advantage of it when on the road. At home it's useless but I have BT infinity so use that for data via WiFi. 4G is next to useless where we live too, we just get 2G inside and 3G at the bottom of the garden
ynneL
Troubleshooter
Options
The Note 10+ 5G will only work on N78 NSA unfortunately it doesn't support SA or N28 (700mhz) that was my main reason for getting rid of it I'd save your money and either get a S20 or N20 which both will support SA
Sabir1
Pioneer
Options
5g hasn't officially reached my area, at least not on Three, though it picks up signal indoors from time to time. I thought that since it is using the 4g core, the 5g internet would be bad too but yesterday I managed to get my Note10+ 5g to connect to 5g and got speeds of 200+ Mbps if I moved the phone to particular areas of the room. On average I got about ~130-ish Mbps. Once 5g reaches my area I'd finally feel more comfortable with the network I'm on.
0 Likes
sachinkhoria
First Poster
Options

I think note 10 + 5G model N976U supports only 5G bands 5, 71, 260, 261 NSA/Sub6 which are very less as compared to 5G bands supported in today's handsets so

how is the 5G reception quality is it inferior or very rare that it catches 5G signal. 

0 Likes