Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No network service on S10 plus

(Topic created on: 29-09-2021 10:32 PM)
Jason Butcher
First Poster
Options

I recently got an Samsung Galaxy Note 10+5G, but I am unable to connect to my network provider, meaning  I cant send/recieve SMS/Calls nor get any Mobile Data. I am on GiffGaff. I have checked the sim, and can even put the sim in my old phone and get full reception and 4G, but in the Note 10+5G, it wont connect at all. I've tried all the solutions I could find online, but none have worked. 

Does anyone know of a solution to this that actually works?

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
nowdeleted
Big Cheese
Options
Reset your network, this will delete all network information only.
You can then scan for networks and you will have input all passwords.
0 Likes
Jason Butcher
First Poster
Options

Tried this multiple times. Still not connecting. I can connect to WiFi Fine, but not my network provider.

0 Likes
Mitzzz999
Hotshot
Options
Where did you get your phone from?
0 Likes
Jason Butcher
First Poster
Options

Its an "Excellent" Condition refurb from Giffgaff, I can get a full refund if the problem persists, but I kinda dont want to have to do that if I can avoid it, I otherwise like the phone. 

Small, interesting development. It randomly connected to the network provider for a minutes, and I was able to send and recieve some test SMS Messages. Seems to have dropped again now though. My area is not known for the best reception, but I have no issue on my other phone to send and receive message/calls, or stream videos via 4G, nor does anyone else in my family

0 Likes
Mitzzz999
Hotshot
Options
Reason why I asked was to check about any possible blacklisting of the phone but it looks like your phone isn't blacklisted for it to have worked temporarily.

A couple of months ago, I saw a similar thread about a person having same issues with a Samsung phone purchased from Giffgaff... I think it turned out to be the network quality in the end.

I pay for my Nephew's tariff, he's only 11. Initially he was on EE pay as you go which wasn't great for the money but was great in signal and service. Moved him to Giffgaff because of the offers but he would complain a lot about poor connection. We had it for a couple of months and then decided to move him on to my EE pay monthly account so I can just gift him data as and when. It worked out better than EE pay as you go and Giffgaff.

It's mad how you're describing your issues and from memory it's exactly the same as that post I've seen, it's involving giffgaff and a high end Samsung device (which was also a Giffgaff purchased device but the post writer stated his phone was new)
0 Likes
jaybdesign
First Poster
Options

It appears that I am able to recieve both reception and mobile data, but only in areas of 4/4 signal, any areas less than that, and it doesnt work. From what I've read. this is apparently an issue with this phone , and was wondering if anyone knew of a patch or fix for it. All other methods i've tired dont seem to have much effect.

And yes, Switching to a different provider might be an option, but one I would like to avoid, I otherwise like Giffgaff and have never had any issue in the past 10 (ish) years of being with them.

0 Likes
jaybdesign
First Poster
Options
Okay, for some weird reason, I have 2 accounts assigned to the same email and password, so this is me, but on my desktop, and not my phone ^
0 Likes