Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Mobile data always active not working

(Topic created on: 23-09-2022 03:35 AM)
Marido
Apprentice
Options

My Samsung note 10 they don't show 4G when I enable mobile data always active. I want to use WiFi and my mobile data at the same time.

Screenshot_20220923-011428_Settings.jpg

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11
Solution
AndrewL
Options

@Marido: I'm not sure if it's possible to utilise both your Wi-Fi and Mobile Data connections simultaneously, as this feature seems to refer to faster switching between networks. You may wish to head to Settings > Connections > Wi-Fi > Tap the 3 dots in the top right > Advanced > Switch to mobile data, and toggle this option OFF, so your Note 10 doesn't prioritise your Wi-Fi connection. You should also make sure that your Mobile Data is active by heading to Settings > Connections > Data usage > Mobile data > On. Let me know if this helps. 

Marido
Apprentice
Options

Screenshot_20220923-092913_Settings.jpg

Screenshot_20220923-092942_Settings.jpg

  

0 Likes
Marido
Apprentice
Options

Hi Andrewl.

I have followed all your step but still not working 😞

0 Likes
Andy3
Voyager
Options
Why are you in developer mode? You can't use mobile data with WiFi.. if you just want to use mobile data disable wifi
0 Likes
Marido
Apprentice
Options

Well I don't how to tell you this but my old android can use both mobile data and WiFi. boost my internet connection and play game more smooth. If I turn both of them on it should be like this. 

Screenshot_20220923-143830_One UI Home.jpg

Marido
Apprentice
Options

The image I post I use app VPN to show as example.

0 Likes
Andy3
Voyager
Options
I don't know how to tell you this but your old android didn't use WiFi and mobile data at the same time. Those arrows does not acually mean anything.
0 Likes
Marido
Apprentice
Options

I test on game mobile legend

When I use only WiFi (60ms to 90ms)

But when I use both WiFi and data they reduce 

0 Likes
Andy3
Voyager
Options
It will not reduce on mobile data. The latency on mobile data is higher than WiFi. Latency can't ever reduce on mobile data when mobile data has higher latency. A typical WiFi connection has between 8ms-10ms. Typical mobile data has 50ms-60ms. Again WiFi and mobile data can't work together. This opinion you have enabled keeps mobile data active meaning if your WiFi becomes unstable or slow it will instantly switch to mobile data like nothing has happend. It can't use 2 networks as one.
0 Likes