Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost dual SIM choice in calls and messages after update to UI3. Anyone knows how to bring them back?

(Topic created on: 20-01-2021 11:34 AM)
Gorog
Journeyman
Options

Before updating I've always had a choice of choosing which card I want to use for calling or sending messages, those options were always visible on screen. Now after updating for calls i get pop up windows asking for SIM while in messages I have no options at all. Does anyone using two SIM cards have the same problem?

343 REPLIES 343
AndrewL
Options

@Gorog: If you head to Settings > Connections > SIM Card Manager > Preferred SIM Card > Text Messages, and select your preferred SIM here, does this resolve the issue? 

0 Likes
Gorog
Journeyman
Options

Hi Andrew,

No, it is not sorting the problem, or at least it is not going back as it was. Let me explain it better, previously when I would enter phone app and dial the number I would have on bottom two "green buttons", one marked as SIM 1 and another as SIM2 and i was able to immediately choose which card i want to use to make call. It was the same with messages, I've had two "send message buttons" always visible while I was writing message.

This is now so much more complicated, especially with messaging...is there any way to uninstall this latest update and to put phone back as it was?

TessM
Mastermind
Options

I do understand what you mean. However, this is how this function operates on the new version. Keep in mind that once that the update has been installed there is no way to go back to the previous one, I'm afraid. 

Gorog
Journeyman
Options

Hi TessM,

thanks for your reply, this is really pity since previous setup was much better.

Do you by any chance know any 3rd party app that could have this kind of options?

Andrew B
Explorer
Options

Is there any chance this will be corrected in subsequent fixes or upgrades? The ability to choose which Sim to use when texting was a critical feature and a key reason I use my Note 10+. Without it I will have to look at other phones on the market. Similarly, the ability to choose which Sim when making a call was good - I realise you can still do this if you set to 'Always ask' but then you cannot use Google Assist or Android Auto in cars to call people because it doesn't know with Sim to use. Very frustrating!

Samsung have failed deluxe on this latest 'upgrade'... Significant downgrades for dual Sim users!

Dzeno
Explorer
Options

I absolutely agree with Andrew.

Function to choose from which SIM card I want to send meesages or call was also for me very important function and the main reason why I have ordered S10e. I was using this function on daily basis, switching between personal and bussines numbers.

When I know that before the update, I would never accept this!

GeorgeJaga
Student
Options

I miss that option as well, any possibility to have that back? 

Thank you

GaborHu
First Poster
Options

This is definitely a step back, an error on Samsung's side. Please do something or you will loose your dual sim customers, as the phone is almost useless as a dual sim phone this way. Neither phone calls can be made nor messages can be sent without a lot of extra hassle. Unacceptable for a top of the range phone which I recently bought for a ton of money!! Thank you!

DrJekyll_UK
Student
Options

What the hell Samsung... I just updated my S10 and have also lost Dual Sim Messaging.

Having two buttons, one representing each Sim from which I can send a message through, was so convenient before. Like some other users I have a sim for my business and a sim for personal use, having to crawl my way through my phones menu system to activate one sim card so that I can message a client and then crawl back though the menu system to switch to the other sim so that I can message my friends and family, then switching back to my business sim to answer my clients reply, etc, etc... just isn't practical.

Trying to save some space in the new GUI? Just stack the second sim button above or below the first... you save space... we have are dual sim messaging back.