Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vertical green line on my screen

(Topic created on: a month ago)
Manila1206
First Poster
Options
Out of nowhere, my Note 20 Ultra got a vertical green line in the middle of the screen. What is the solution? Can I use my phone for trade in?
21 REPLIES 21
Jeffreytan2901
First Poster
Options

updated my phone in late March and today I'm getting this green vertical line appearing on my phone. Anyone has any idea how to solve this or anyone from SG already approach Samsung care?

Note: Never dropped my phone or subject to any form of water 

0 Likes
vamera
Apprentice
Options

Same happened with my note 20 ultra too. The change happened while I was using my phone.

0 Likes
kumaresh R
Apprentice
Options

I'm using Note 20 Ultra. Yesterday while using it, suddenly a green line came on the mobile screen. However, there is no accidental record of my phone. 

0 Likes
Mad1no89
First Poster
Options

Hi All,

I have developed the same problem following an update. Samsung Asia had accepted that this was a software problem and offered all Indian customers free repair even outside of warranty. I am sure if we all compile our cases and write to Samsung they will have to follow suit and offer us repairs similar to their Indian counterparts - unless they under value their UK customers. 

vamera
Apprentice
Options

Hi, 

Can you please share the source of info about where samsung asia had accepted to repair it for free?

The repairing agents are pretty stubborn here 😐

Thanks 

Daigo_Castillo
First Poster
Options

Same here. I've got the same device, and same problem. OnePlus also has the same problem. But they're giving a free screen replacement. I was wondering why are Samsung not giving it for free?

0 Likes
emerson salam
First Poster
Options

same issue here..after an update green line appears.

STOWERN
Apprentice
Options
Same with my S21 Ultra 5G following a software update in the UK.
0 Likes
Lisaanne1
First Poster
Options

Looks like this is an ongoing issue. I just woke up (May 23, 2024) to a "vertical green line" on the right side of my Samsung Galaxy S20+ 5G. 

This seems ridiculous and obvious a "scam" by Samsung to get more money out of people. $400 to fix a no reason it exists (no damage, no indicator of a cause??? Just randomly appears?) vertical green line. 

Shame on you Samsung. I agree, class action sounds like a good start. 

0 Likes
Galaxy Device Owner
Apprentice
Options

I have the same problem too with my Galaxy Note S20 Ultra 5G! This is so stressful. I have followed the https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/repair/ . It requires me to Master Reset my phone and potentially lose all my data 😞.

Can anyone share if resetting your device fix the problem?

0 Likes