Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WIFI ISSUE WITH A33 5G

(Topic created on: 06-02-2023 04:08 PM)
Mango123
Pioneer
Options
I've had the issue for ages now. Since the android 13 update. If I connect to work WiFi, if it disconnects I have to restart my phone to be able to connect to WiFi again. I'm not going to describe it fully here but is anyone else with this phone having this same issue. Support has been useless and i need to know if lots of people have the issue? There have been 2 updates since and both having resolved the issue. I know of one other user with the same phone who has the issue and I even tested on another a33. It also had the issue.
0 Likes
42 REPLIES 42
Mango123
Pioneer
Options
You mean your phone has the same issue? Or you work wifi is the same type as mine? Work and home both are randomized mac. Don't know how to see if they at set to DHCP? Sorry and really appreciate the help because I'm very stuck right now!

Using another device, I can see my home one is dhcp. Can't check work
0 Likes
MNas04
Helping Hand
Options
Is it your home WiFi that is the issue or work?
0 Likes
Mango123
Pioneer
Options
Work. Perhaps it something to do with certificates. In advanced settings if I click install certificates it just opens up files and sd card but nothing is there to select?
0 Likes
MNas04
Helping Hand
Options
Hmm. Then your phone is alright. Perhaps their might be a issue with your work place wifi. Has your work place not updated their WiFi or something
0 Likes
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Is it Cisco or Netgear or whatever

Because you may have identified issue with a particular brand of WiFi and platform

I have a S22Ultra and connect to Cisco aironnet for work and it has no issues, same with BT Home wifi
0 Likes
Mango123
Pioneer
Options
It does seem to be the work wifi. But it was okay before the software update and everyone else I know has no issue with it. So it seems to be a combination of school wifi and the software update. I've got a video of the issue and it's strange. If it drops from wifi and I try connect, when I click the slider it goes to the right (on position) but it still says off. And if I then try open up the other parts like Bluetooth and torch they don't open. Waiting 30 ish seconds will fix that so the rest of the phone works but I can't connect to WiFi.
0 Likes
Mango123
Pioneer
Options
Not a clue. I will keep this in mind though as am going to try and talk to the technicians at work and see if they have any idea as to what is happening
0 Likes
MNas04
Helping Hand
Options
OK. Does any one else in your work have this similar issue
0 Likes
MNas04
Helping Hand
Options
It could be the fact that. The A33 hardware is different. Meaning it has different WiFi bands in its hardware that won't connect to your phone. I use the A53 5g
0 Likes
Mango123
Pioneer
Options
No one else