Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WIFI ISSUE WITH A33 5G

(Topic created on: 06-02-2023 05:06 PM)
Mango123
Pioneer
Options
I've had the issue for ages now. Since the android 13 update. If I connect to work WiFi, if it disconnects I have to restart my phone to be able to connect to WiFi again. I'm not going to describe it fully here but is anyone else with this phone having this same issue. Support has been useless and i need to know if lots of people have the issue? There have been 2 updates since and both having resolved the issue. I know of one other user with the same phone who has the issue and I even tested on another a33. It also had the issue.
0 Likes
42 REPLIES 42
MNas04
Helping Hand
Options
Have you tried rebooting your wifi? If that doesn't work. Then head over to settings > General Management > reset > reset network settings. Wants it is reset. You will have to reconnect to your wifi. Hope this helps!
Mango123
Pioneer
Options
I've factory resetted my phone and have tested on another a33 and it has the same issue. It's after the android 13 update for sure and samsung support is useless. They aren't helping and I'm basically stuck with a phone that doesn't work properly. Appreciate you trying to help though

Also the WiFi isn't the issue or the full issue because like I said, if it disconnects from the WiFi then it won't reconnect. I have to restart phone to connect to ANY wifi
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Is it only affecting you work wifi or at home too?

What is your work wifi?
0 Likes
MNas04
Helping Hand
Options
Are you using any wifi bands etc, 2G or 5G?
0 Likes
Mango123
Pioneer
Options
Only work like another user. I wish samsung would escalate the issue because it's been bad service so far
0 Likes
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
What wifi system you use at work? You need to provide this information if you want them troubleshoot as it may be just affect the one system or more but they need to identify

I don't work for Samsung but I am a Tech, this is what I would need to know
0 Likes
Mango123
Pioneer
Options
I know that the work wifi has security setting WPA/WPA2/WPA3 Enterprise

Whereas, my home one is WPA/WPA2 personal. Do you think that may have something to do with it?

Also I have auto connect to hotspot 2.0 set to on
0 Likes
Mango123
Pioneer
Options
I understand what you mean. What kind of info do you need? It's WPA1 WPA2 Wpa3 enterprise but home is WPA2 personal I think
0 Likes
MNas04
Helping Hand
Options
Mine is same. But if you check it on settings. Check if the IP setting is set to DHCP. Mac address Randomised Mac
0 Likes