Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

What are the formats you can save photos as on the Galaxy A71?

(Topic created on: 08-01-2021 07:35 PM)
Kenn_Honson_X
First Poster
Options

The title says it all. The A71 looks like a cool phone, but I wanted to know what you can save photos as on the Galaxy A71?

READ THIS IF YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND MY QUESTION

Examples are: PNG, JPEG, TIFF

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
AndrewL
Options

@Kenn_Honson_X: Hi there. As standard, photos captured using the Camera app on the A71 will be saved as .jpeg files. If you open the Camera app > Tap the cog symbol > Save Options, you can enable HEIF, high efficiency images to save space, and RAW copies for photos taken in Pro Mode. I hope this helps. 

View solution in context

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
Shazzkid
Troubleshooter
Options
I believe that photos taken by the cameras are jpegs by default and can't be changed. But they can be converted afterwards into different formats using available apps and softwares. Your phone should be able to read all those formats and display the images, but in case you choose an unsupported format there are usually always apps available that do.
0 Likes
Solution
AndrewL
Options

@Kenn_Honson_X: Hi there. As standard, photos captured using the Camera app on the A71 will be saved as .jpeg files. If you open the Camera app > Tap the cog symbol > Save Options, you can enable HEIF, high efficiency images to save space, and RAW copies for photos taken in Pro Mode. I hope this helps. 

0 Likes
Kenn_Honson_X
First Poster
Options

RAW photos? Really?!?!?! 

I am now the happiest person on planet earth :face-with-tears-of-joy:

0 Likes
7tizzy7
First Poster
Options

So I'm guessing this is not true any more as I can't shoot in raw on my a71.  I have been on every setting and there is no option for it anywhere. I found the heif mode but not when on pro mode and no option for raw anywhere

David Campling
First Poster
Options

No on mine either

Ometec
First Poster
Options

I see this repeated over and over but it isnt there - no save options exists

0 Likes