Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using contactless on A12 phone

(Topic created on: 24-07-2022 05:44 PM)
Members_ZkqSUqt
Student
Options

My newly purchased A12 will not allow contactless use, my old A12 does.

it doesn’t have NFC

is my newly bought phone an old but sold as a new model?

Tony

4 REPLIES 4
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Members_ZkqSUqt NFC is region dependent on the A12, should definitely be on the UK version.   Where did you purchase the device?

Some information on the A12 here https://www.notebookcheck.net/Samsung-Galaxy-A12-review-Budget-Samsung-smartphone-with-NFC-and-huge-... 

You may also wish to look at this thread  https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-a-series/galaxy-a12-no-nfc/td-p/4049326 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

Members_ZkqSUqt
Student
Options

Hi James,

it was bought on eBay in the UK.

My old A12, which I dropped, aloud me to use Google wallet, this one doesn’t.

I’ve contacted the seller and I am awaiting a reply.

my older phone was bought 14 months ago and I definitely didn’t expect a new one to have less functions .

my guess is that the latest phone is in fact an older model.

If that is the case I’ll be asking for my money back or a suitable replacement.

thanks for your help

Tony

StuartR
Troubleshooter
Options
You'll probably find it's a phone that was not meant to be used in the UK which is why Google pay doesn't work and you'll probably find samsung pay also doesn't work.

I wouldn't bother messaging the seller just open a case against them through ebay and get a refund.
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
@Members_ZkqSUqt yes, Member may have contacted seller but not likely to get satisfactory response,if the case ,best to open case via eBay directly. Think it is a non_UK model. Personally would not purchase mobiles via ebay but up to each consumer to decide on best course of action.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.