Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Touch screen unable to answer calls

(Topic created on: 07-03-2024 01:30 PM)
LBBarley47
Student
Options
I've recently purchased an A34. I am unable to answer calls with the touch screen, I can end a call with a swipe but not answer a call. I've run a diagnostic and it says the Touch Screen is working. Has anyone got any suggestions?
0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
AndrewL
Options

@LBBarley47: Is the issue persistent, or does it only occur under certain conditions, such as when you're using a particular app/feature, or when the screen is idle? For clarity, does the incoming call screen fill the whole display, and are you placing your finger on the green  phone symbol, and swiping to the right to answer the call? 

As a workaround in the meantime, please head to the Phone app > Tap the 3 dots in the top right > Answering and ending calls > Press Volume up to answer calls, and toggle this option on. This will allow you to tap the Volume up button on the side of your Galaxy A34 to answer any incoming calls. 

You can also head to Settings > Accessibility > Interaction and dexterity > Assistant menu > Replace swipe with single tap > On, to see if this helps. Now, rather than swiping the green phone symbol to the right when a call comes in, you can tap the phone symbol to answer the call. 

View solution in context

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
Star_girl
Hotshot
Options
Are you using screen protector on your phone?
0 Likes
Solution
AndrewL
Options

@LBBarley47: Is the issue persistent, or does it only occur under certain conditions, such as when you're using a particular app/feature, or when the screen is idle? For clarity, does the incoming call screen fill the whole display, and are you placing your finger on the green  phone symbol, and swiping to the right to answer the call? 

As a workaround in the meantime, please head to the Phone app > Tap the 3 dots in the top right > Answering and ending calls > Press Volume up to answer calls, and toggle this option on. This will allow you to tap the Volume up button on the side of your Galaxy A34 to answer any incoming calls. 

You can also head to Settings > Accessibility > Interaction and dexterity > Assistant menu > Replace swipe with single tap > On, to see if this helps. Now, rather than swiping the green phone symbol to the right when a call comes in, you can tap the phone symbol to answer the call. 

0 Likes
LBBarley47
Student
Options
I've followed your instructions with Assistant Menu and it's worked. Many thanks.