Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A53 One UI 6 No Touch Screen

(Topic created on: 30-01-2024 02:58 PM)
Proz
Explorer
Options
My other phone is a refurbished A53 that's just been upgraded to Android 14 and the touch screen stopped working. It was sent back to where it was bought from but they were unable to repair it. 
So they've sent us a new refurbished A53 but looking at it it's still on android 5.0 and I'm not sure if I should risk updating it incase we get the same non responsive touch screen. 
I believe there's an issue with aftermarket screens and the One UI6. We have no way of knowing if this new refurbished phone has an aftermarket screen or not so potentially we could end up with another usless phone. 
What should I do 😬😬
0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
Dan_e_boy
Journeyman
Options

I would hold off on the update until someone has a solution.  My touchscreen stopped working after I updated and there is no way to roll back to 5.0.  It seems to be affecting aftermarket screens as far as I've been reading.  I have started a thread on this forum that you may find.  The thing that doesn't make sense to me is that the hardware is working fine with UI5, so what is it about UI6 that stops it from working?

Dan_e_boy
Journeyman
Options

After many attempts to try and resolve this I have to give up.  Nothing I try is working.  For more details on what I tried see my main post.  From what I can figure out with the research that I have been able to collect, it seems like the OneUI6 update doesn't recognize the Touch screen panel firmware on my aftermarket screen.  Other than using the built in update feature, I could not find a way to manually update it.  Since my Amazon return window is closing, I will be returning the screen as defective so that I can recouperate my money and cut my losses.  Hopefully, someone will figure this out but in the mean time, I would hold off on the update to OneUI6.

Proz
Explorer
Options
It's the other halfs phone but I think she'll just not bother updating it just incase it also has a refurbished screen. There's no way of knowing.
0 Likes